1. The plan

-before being sent into the maze-

'GO. I CAN HOLD THEM OFF A LITTLE LONGER, PREPARE EVERYTHING! IT HAPPENS NOW.'

She shouted over her shoulder just as she took three WCKD guards down. A punch to the face, causing one to stumble back against the other and a kick to the groin for the one still standing causing the weapon to fly out of his hand.

'Easy.' She picked up the taser gun from the floor and used it to hit him around the head as he started to get up- with enough force he passed out. The last two quickly got up seeing their friend who was just recently knocked out cold laying still on the floor. They looked up at her, anger present in their faces, grabbing their weapons and pointing it towards her.

'You're making a big mistake, we trained you and this is how you compensate us?' One spat out, slowly moving closer towards her.

'SHUT UP!' She ordered. She couldn't believe it. How could they say something like that with such ease and pretend as if they did nothing wrong? Acting as if she owes them anything after taking it all away from her in the first place. One. By. One.

A smirk made its way on his face. Satisfied with the reaction he got from her he proceeded to speak again.
'Emmeline may not have been strong enough but you-'

Emmeline. Thats all it took for her to snap. That's all it took for her to realise she was wasting her time speaking to them. She was known for her short temper and her ability to constantly make dangerous sometimes even stupid decisions. The guards knew better than to push her, she had zero mercy for them.

Her eyes grew red as she used the weapon against them, lunging forward to kick them to the ground.

'Don't say her name again.' She advised before bringing them up by their collar and forcing their heads to bash against the wall.

They were just trained guards- in fighting and in speaking- following orders blindly for they themselves didn't know the real truth behind this hell. 

T had told her they were preparing her to do a different sort of test, instead of being put into the maze with her friends her experiments would be in the real world, psychological but mostly physical- that's what they were doing to Emmeline, the youngest of them. Although she herself had little 'tasters' of what these tests included- sometimes even joining Emmeline- they had already managed to scar her. WCKD had strange and inhumane methods to observe the brain of the young immunes, trying to figure out what's so different about them just so they could save their generation from dying out so young from something they themselves caused.

That's why she was so brutal. But after all they did to her, bringing them down was no issue.

She was trained in all sorts of combat after all. Why? Well... There were multiple reasons- most of the time it was so she'd be prepared for whenever she had to participate in these 'taster tests' which included her being put into a simulation to fight off cranks. This would allow WCKD  to study her 'killzone' patterns.

 Sometimes when they felt she was prepared they'd actually put her out there- of course it wasn't like the flare would kill her due to her immunity- but it didn't mean it didn't affect her brain or cause her immense pain and scars on her body so it still meant she had to learn how to defend herself. She was a key part to solving the cure. A lot of the staff called her strong, ruthless and different. They used her as a weapon to protect themselves, but also as a weapon to hurt others. She was what they were working and focusing on after Emmeline. She was important.

 And... well when she wasn't being used as a test subject she was forced to be a guard, something about competing companies coming in to steal unready immunes. However, that was the only thing she was thankful for, because at least now she can use it to escape the torture- well not completely.