17. Who are you?

This are going to go fast from here, don't worry the chapters will remain the average 20 minutes long there's just going to be skips to the action more often rather than all the alone moments we've had up to now.

Don't forget to leave a comment with your thoughts- they make me laugh- and any recommendations for things you'd like to see in the future? and a vote would be appreciated <3

Enjoy!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Another month went by and another greenie arrived- another boy- and still no new progress made towards to code and the escape. The only other 'hole' they have seemed to find would be the cliff, where the same griever Leona had followed from underneath stopped to stare at for minutes, yet it's not plausible that that could be the escape. After all multiple greenbeans had previously fallen over the edge and they were met their doom, not one came back, besides the area is far too large to be considered a 'hole' it's more like the edge of their earth. So daily they search for any secret places within the maze.

'Hey Chuck.' Ben waves, jogging past him and the new greenie, following close behind were Leona and Minho all heading towards the map room.

It took Chuck a while but he eventually stopped crying, stopped coming into Minho's room and stopped waking Ben up accidentally, and slowly but surely he became less annoying to the group. He himself finally accepted what this place is and he had taken it upon himself to show the greenie around instead of Newt or Alby.

But it wasn't until the bonfire that Leona actually got to meet this guy.

'That there is the runners, that one in the middle there?' Newt pointed at Minho, 'That's Minho, he's the keeper of the runners, and two next to him are his best friends, also my best friends- Ben and Leona. Those surrounding him are also runners, they devote their lives to running in the maze to find a way out...' He rambled but Thomas could only focus on one thing.

The girl.

'What's with the girl?' He asked nodding his head towards her, where she saw him and simply flashed a smile before turning back to Minho.

'What?'

'What's with the girl? Why is she the only girl here?'

'Oh Leona. We don't know... I mean she said she snuck in here but-'

'What? She remembers how she got here?'

'Well no not exactly but she remembers some fragments. When she arrived here her memory was still intact- it had never happened and it hasn't since her arrival. One of a kind she is. She came in here with a code to help us escape but unfortunately we haven't found the answer in the maze just yet.'

'So she remembered? Doesn't that make her incredibly suspicious? And is she also a runner?'

Newt rolled his eyes at the sudden interest over the girl, and his ridiculous attempt at trying to make the girl seem so suspicious without even meeting her yet.

'She's a runner, funnily enough she was just as interested in the maze as you were when she first arrived, wouldn't stop talking about being a runner until Minho there finally made her one. I admire that about her, and she makes a hell of a runner too. No she's not suspicious she's done more about finding an escape than most of us have in the past 2 years.'

It had been two years now in the glade- shocking how much can be built in two years with the resources they are given.

'What's with her and Minho then?'