7. The code

Minho had carried Leona to her bed after she was calm, however as he went to leave her, she grabbed his hand and asked him to stay and so he agreed, wanting to make the girl feel comfortable.

'Minho?' She whispered, moving her head slightly from his arms, her eyes still wet and tired as she tried to get his attention.

'Hm?'

'It was real. What I saw, it was real.' 

'Wait, what are you trying to say?'

'I think I received some memories, but...' She let her eyes close, scared she was gonna remember them again, 'It was all too quick, everything over each other.'

She turned herself around, turning so that she was facing Minho, the boy was looking at her, his eyes searching for answers, his eyebrows twisted in confusion as he waited for the girl to carry on.

She sighed.

'I saw a boy being ripped away from my arms, he was screaming and shouting and we were both crying. It all happened so fast I just couldn't see who it was clear enough. I saw a girl with short dark hair, dark brown eyes, fair skin, full of bruises and blood covering her, she must've meant something to me because I saw myself cry. Sob actually.'

She took a pause, trying to remember what else happened. Minho stayed quiet trying to let the girl remember, allowing her to clear her mind. She was remembering, and if she was remembering she may have remembered something that would help them figure out what she meant when she first arrived in the glade.

'Minho, it was horrible.' She looked him in the eyes, 'Everything went faster, I saw so many familiar eyes, I saw you boys. Every single one of you, some tearful, some drained from all emotion and some? Clueless. Minho I knew you before the maze. I knew all of you.'

His eyes widened, it was true what they had said in the gathering, the girl did know them all, and if she did they can assume they all knew each other before arriving.

'That's not even all.' She whispered, 'Remember how I told you I remember learning how to fight but not who taught me and why?'

'Yeah...' He replied removing a piece of her hair from her face.

'I saw myself fighting things, people. They looked like doctors, I was talking to a boy, then it went silent. Then I was on the floor screaming. I heard voices and other voices over the screaming. Minho, the thing is, I was in the glade, in front of the maze doors, and you were there.'

She knows. She remembers what happened the day she arrived. 

'Leona, that actually happened.'

'What?' She asked, unsure if she heard him properly.

'That happened. What you saw, those were memories. When you arrived in the glade you... You hugged Newt, you told the boys how it was good to see them again but you needed to find-'

'You. I needed to find you.' She was putting the pieces together, she picked her upper body up, resting on her arm, as she looked at Minho waiting for him to explain.

'Ona, you came running towards the maze but you stopped at the sight of me. I felt like I recognised you, I don't know how but the way you said my name with such familiarity confirmed it. When you found me you were going to say something but before you could continue you dropped down in pain.'

'That's what I saw... Why did it take you guys so long to tell me this? What the hell?'

'Leona, you had something written in your arm. It told u to look for the code.'

Her eyes widened, she got up from the bed and paced around, putting the pieces together one by one.

'Minho, I saw a message, a message written in codes, I saw maps, I saw so many things and I heard a voice, a voice that made me drop down in pain, like you explained happened to me in the first day. It told me to remember, it just repeated itself, 'The code Leona.' '