Prologue

Question. What is your happy memory?

Many people would answer this question with a smile on their faces. Some would say the moment they spent with their families. Some would say the time they had with their lovers. While some would say the moment they achieved their dreams.

There were as many answers as there were stars in the sky. Each and every answer was true and relevant. They were all as honest as they could be.

However, if anyone ever ask me what was my happy memory, I would say the moment before my parents divorced. I was truly happy before that incident. We were living happily in one house. Laughing, smiling together. Eating meals together. That was my happiest and most precious memory....and that was the only happy memory I had.

"Why, why do you have to inherit his look!?"—my mother shouted while her hands choking me.

"What do you think you're doing?"—my elder sister asked with stern face.

"Don't look at me, you liar."—my childhood friend scorned  me as she looked at me like I was a garbage.

"It's you again? Stop causing all this annoying trouble already, could you?"—said my teacher who didn't even ask me what truly happened.

Each and every one of them, they all held the one same feeling to me.

Hatred. All of them hated me. My family, my childhood friend, my teachers and even my classmates. I didn't know why. I didn't even want to care why. I was just so done with all this.

Why should I live like this? No matter what I do, I would be hated. In the end, I could only walk in this world whole suffering from all the hate of those surrounding me.

.....or was it really true?