Chapter 8 - A Date With Another Girl

I was walking around the city with a girl who I just met this morning. I did not know why I had to do this just because someone asked me. If I could say what I wanted, I would refuse this request. However, since someone was being absolutely stubborn, I had no choice but to accept.

The girl who walked a few steps behind me had a grumpy and dissatisfied expression when I looked back. The consecutive losses probably made her feel like she was cheated. I wondered why I had to accompany this girl in the first place.

It all began when I did not introduce myself after this girl, Miss Furuya said her name and greetings. I recounted back the scene from the morning.

"Come on, why didn't you introduce yourself?"

"....we aren't going to meet often anyway."

I answered as honest as I could while putting away the instant noodle packs that Mister Aikawa was probably planning to make as our breakfast. While instant noodle was his specialty, that was all he could make. His instant noodle was superb but having it as breakfast was a no.

"... Mister Aikawa, please avoid instant noodle as your breakfast. It's not good for your health."

"Fine. But, are you going to cook? You know how to cook?"

"....simple dishes are doable."

"Wow, I'm impressed."

Mister Aikawa seemed to be amazed by my ability to cook even though it was not that rare or hard.

Let me see what's in the fridge.

Hmm, making miso soup with fish and a vegetable would be fine. Those were enough. I proceeded to make our breakfast while Mister Aikawa was talking with Miss Furuya. I did not hear them clearly since I was absorbed in cooking but it seemed that Miss Furuya was being grumpy about something. Well, I could feel her eyes on me for some times. Was she feeling offended by my reply earlier?

While letting the soup being heated, I prepared the tableware and finished the preparation at the same time the two of them done talking.

"Breakfast is done."

"....woah, this is the first time in a while that I've seen a proper breakfast. Makes me kind of emotional for s second."

Mister Aikawa took a seat in front of me while Miss Furuya sat beside him. Seeing Mister Aikawa's amazed expression, I felt that it was worth it making this breakfast. After saying our thanks, we brought the foods to our mouth. I could see that my cooking had improved a bit when I tasted Senpai's cooking. However, there was still room for improvement.

"....he cooks better than me."

Miss Furuya seemed to be frustrated over something as she ate it with a conflicted expression. She looked like she enjoyed the meal but frustrated at the same time.

"Man, I would love it if I can eat this every morning. Hey, wanna live here? You just have to cook for me."

"...no, Miss Minamoto will not let you or me go if she knows about this."

"Fine. I did not hope for it too much anyway."

We enjoyed our breakfast in silence. After we were done, I cleaned up the table and washed the dishes while Mister Aikawa and Miss Furuya went to the living room to talk. As I finished washing the dishes, I figured that it was time for me to go back to my house since Miss Minamoto would not let me go easily if she did not see me there.

I took off the apron and went to Mister Aikawa to notify that I would leave now. When I saw him talking with Miss Furuya, his face showed that he was troubled a bit while Miss Furuya was making a wishful expression.