Chapter 2 - Childhood

I was in my classroom, gazing outside the window as usual. I paid no attention to what the teachers were talking about since I knew it already. If anyone asked me why I did not even pretend to listen and respect them, it was because they didn't even care about me anyway. I was called a troublemaker, but I didn't remember what kind of trouble I made.

I was not like this before. In the past, I did pay attention to the teachers when they were teaching. However, when a certain incident happened, I lost my respect for them and decided to just ignore them. Of course, I did make sure to look at least polite if they ever ask or talk to me.

They also decided not to disturb me anymore. For me, that was a win-win situation. I would like nobody to bother me so that I could graduate with peace.

"Are you Minamoto Yozora?"

I turned my eyes to the guy who suddenly talked to me. There was rarely someone who would come to me and disturb me from my peace. I just noticed that it was already break time when he called me.

This guy, I did not know him at all. Tall, burly, a little muscled and fierce face. I could say he looked like a certain delinquent in an anime I watched in the past.

I nodded as I answered him in silence. I just hoped it was not a really big deal. I would like to go to the roof already.

Unfortunately, it did not seem like things would go my way. This guy made a displeased expression as he grabbed my collar. His strength made me a little bit impressed as I was separated from the floor when he did it. However, there was a limit to my patience and this guy luckily did not pass it yet.

I could not even be bothered to ask why. I expected it to be another false accusation since I did not remember doing anything bad to this guy or anyone at all. Let's just hope after a hit or two, he would be satisfied.

"Why the hell are you stalking Yamamoto, you disgusting stalker?"

....haa. This thing again....

Stalking Yua, no, Yamamoto? Why in the world would I stalk her? Was there any reason I was supposed to stalk her? There was nothing to our relationship now. In the past, yes. But, now? That was nothing more but an empty wish.

I wondered when was the last time she ever smiled at me. In the past, we were childhood friends who played with each other. Laughing, holding hands, chasing after another. How great were those times. If I did not experience that past, I would not believe that I had such an adorable childhood friend. Nevertheless, we were nothing more than strangers now.

The person he was talking about was nowhere in sight. Perhaps, she had gone to the cafeteria to eat there with her friends. As far as I knew, she was very popular.

Thinking back, we became like this because I broke one promise we made when we were still children, I thought. That promise was literally almost impossible to come true, yet I still promised her since she wanted me to. In the end, I unintentionally and unwillingly broke that because of the circumstance I was involved in.

I still remembered her voice and face when she shouted at me.

"Yozora-kun is a liar!"

When the memory resurfaced in my mind, my mouth naturally moved and laughed, hatefully of course. I didn't think that this guy would hear it though.

"What are you laughing at, you bastard!?"

I could literally see his face gone red in anger. His eyes, those eyes full of hate were glaring at me with a faint glimmer within them. How refreshing it was to be glared with such fiery emotion. Compared to my other similar experience, this glare was like an ant. I felt nothing but comfort when glared to such an extent.