Chapter 6 - A Date With Senpai And Help Request

"Lalala~Lala~La~Lalalalala~"

"....excuse me, Miss Senpai?"

"Yes, my dear Kouhai-kun?"

"....until when are you going to hold my hand?"

"Until we arrive at the cake shop!"

Senpai held my hand as we walked towards the cafe. We really skipped school as she said. The eyes of the students in classes sure made me feel annoyed when they saw me and Senpai walked together. Since we took our belongings in the class before we left, I made sure to take the cameras and recorders that I hid to watch the recordings later.

With our highschool uniforms, Senpai led me inside the cafe. The manager here who noticed us, grinned in understanding as she was used to see our faces. She was talking to the receptionist when we entered the cafe.

"Skipping again? That's not a good habit, you know?"

"This time is a special case. Can you pretend not to see us? Please, Big Sis?"

"Geez, I guess I'll let you guys off this time. But, I want to hear the story later. Is that okay?"

"Sure!"

"I'm not asking you though."

Senpai made our intention clear as she spoke with her elder sister. Since we had been visiting this cafe every time we skipped classes, the manager had already known what kind of person I was. I was bewildered a bit to be honest when she did not really mind of all rumors about me. I was thankful.

Still not letting me go, Senpai went to a hidden side of the cafe which only the VIP of this cafe could enter and found us a table. Only then, she let go of my hand. She was humming a song which seemed to be sung by a famous idol group which appeared in almost every show on TV. I wondered why she was being so happy, so I asked her.

"Senpai, did something good happened?"

"Oh, is it really that noticable? Hehe, it's rare that we can have a date like this. So, I am really excited to have fun with you."

".....it's not really a date when we're not in a relationship though.

"Ah, you're back to you're previous style of speech."

Perhaps I had calmed down now, my speech returned to how I always speak. My mind slowed down as rationality began to spread in my mind. Without even feeling a little hope that Senpai possesses the feelings akin to love to me, I managed to avoid creating an embarrassing and annoying misunderstanding with Senpai. Being the easygoing girl she was, she probably knew that I would not be falling for her even if she tried to use such words.

"What are you ordering, Kouhai?"

"....I'll just have orange juice and candies."

"Hmm. Even though I've known you for a few years, I still can't figure out why a mature and adult-like person like you will drink such a childish beverage."

"....thinking that orange juice is a childish beverage is the thinking of immature people."

"Then, I'll order Bandung and the cake in the commercial. Big Sis, here!"

".....ignoring my comment, huh?"

"Not really, just I don't have any counter for those words. I'll lose if I fight words with you after all."

Senpai really did not hide her feelings at all. She then ordered our drinks and the cake she wanted to try to the manager. It was strange for the manager herself to take our orders but we did not mind it since it had already a while since we knew each other.