Epilogue

What was the point of living when you were hated? What was the point of speaking if nobody believes you? Why did people fight when they were bound to lose in the end? Why was it that justice exist when unfairness was all that happened? Why did trust exists when all people had was doubt?

Those questions roamed my mind as the gentle wind kissed my face. It was strangely calming when I was looking over the scenery of the city while being fanned by the wind.

The distance between me and the end of rooftop was only two or three steps away. When I gazed down, I could see that the ground below would definitely be hard. If I fall from here, there was ninety nine percent that I would die. One more percent was that I would be a vegetable.

Nevertheless, there was no fear when I looked down. Yet, there was a question.

If I fall from here, can I actually fly? Will I be freed from all those troubles?

Thinking of things like that, I never stopped looking downward. The call from before, I wondered why Senpai was with Miss Akari. They seemed worried about me.

The case from this morning, it reminded me of reality. The world was never kind to me. Everything that happened afterwards made me tired. Honestly, I just wanted to rest and stop doing everything.

Therefore, when I saw the scenery below, I thought of a bird.

When a bird fell from a high building, they could save themselves by flying. However, if human falls from this height, he or she will die. When people died, did they get to free themselves from everything that hurt them? Did they feel peace?

Thinking of such things, my feet moved. One step forward, two steps. Then, I was one more step left from losing my foothold. Even in this state, there was nothing I feel. Neither at peace nor chaos. Just emptiness.

Then, a voice entered my mind.

—Yozora, are you breaking your promise with me?

Senpai's words came into my mind. It was not Miss Akari or Miss Harumi, but Senpai. Her face appeared in my mind. With a smile blooming, her voice as she called out to me in my memories made me watch the scene again.

Then, when the scene ended, I faced the broad sky once again.

As the wind blew gently on the rooftop, I made my decision.

While watching the scene of every memories I knew, that one last step to freedom.....

I—