Chapter 14 - The Framed One And The True Culprit

Going to school, spending the morning with classes, break arrived and going to the rooftop. Then, eating lunch there with Senpai. Those were my routine during school time. I thought today would be the same.

Unfortunately for me, I was called to the principal's room. When I heard this, I sighed as I could already predict that this was never going to be a good sign. I just hoped that it would end peacefully and reasonably without me having to prove my innocence in anything.

As the teacher who guided me to the principal's room opened the door and entered, I followed him and was met with the spectacular sight of the spacious room fitting quite a few people. The principal who I did not remember his name, a female police officer with the name tag of Masamura, two men in suit and students who looked familiar to me. Gondou-sensei was also there.

Before I could even think of what I was involved into, one of the man in suit walked closer to me with a stern face and asked me.

"Are you Minamoto Yozora?"

"...yes?"

*SLAP*

Oh, no peace then? Without any warning, this man slapped with a strength I would suggest not to use to an adolescent. While I was able to remain standing, I could not deny if I did not have good endurance, it was possible for me to fall down. My spectacles did fall and break though, not that people think about them. It was fortunate that my mask was still on. Since the mask was thin, my cheek was red enough to be seen since it was thin and barely cover enough of my face. The cheek was not really covered.

"Mister Hamada! I thought I told you not to do anything before we can ask him the story from his side!"

The principal was rational as I thought. Despite he did not really know me, I guessed that he was someone who suited the seat of principal. Miss Masamura who was a police officer seemed to be in a state of confusion since she looked like she did not know what to do. Perhaps she was someone new to this kind of situation.

"This boy! Stole my girl's belongings!"

"We are still investigating it! Therefore, calm down!"

Stealing a girl's items? Now, that sounded familiar. Where did I hear about this....?

"Mister Hamada, I ask you to remain calm. I'll be the one asking him question, may I?"

The other man in suit calmed him down while looking at me. His eyes were glittering in an unpleasant way, as if he was looking at a prey. To be honest, the way he looked at me was not bothering at all. However, the name Hamada seemed to pull something out from my memory.

"Now then, boy. Mister Minamoto, may I ask you some questions?"

"...yes."

Since he was trying to ask me something, I tried my best to sound polite despite how I really wanted to leave now. The atmosphere was very much to my displeasure. Furthermore, this guy was superb at making me feel worse. His style and professionalism caused me to remember unpleasant memory.

"Last week, do you remember an incident which involved you in a thieving case?"

"....yes?"

Thieving case.... oh, that Hamada girl's smartphone. I thought it was already settled. Did it get prolonged to this much?

"It is said that you were innocent. But, the only alibi you had was your senior's testimony, am I right?"

"...yes."

He was not wrong. At that time, only Senpai proved that I was innocent and because of that, things ended without having to involve the police. Nevertheless, what about it?