Chapter 10 - Helping A Talent Bloom In The Right Place

As I played the intro, I could remember the song's guitar chords like I had read them a thousand times yesterday. It was the one I had been practicing when I first started learning this stuff. I did neither have a problem or difficulty plucking the strings with the chords. All that was left was Miss Furuya's singing.

However, it did not seem like I have to worry about her. When I heard her voice in the karaoke, I had already known it. Indeed, her voice was out of the place with her group songs. Out of all cheerful voice, her was forcefully made to be jumpy and bright. Nevertheless, if it was this song, then—

"There's nothing the fridge other than some tea and medicine,—"

Like I thought, she—

As soon as Miss Furuya sang the first line, I understood that my guess and trust were put in the right spot. I had no doubt anymore, Miss Furuya, she—

She is a monstrously talented singer, more than her friends.

With a strangely comfortable feeling inside me, I continued plucking the guitar with my fingers and focused on my part. Her voice was sweet and very pleasant to the ear. Before I knew it, even I was drawn to her singing. Despite how my fingers were plucking the guitar, my focus was switched to her.

"I feel so sleepy, I feel so sleepy to the point that I wished I could sleep to the point of being paralyzed—"

Her voice was never suitable for a cheery style. Sure, she could do her best to sound cheery. However, her voice could not lie. She was more of an emotional singer who sings out her feelings out in a slow yet powerful voice. Her voice carried the deep feelings she kept inside. More than anything, it contained her very emotions.

Even I began to feel that I was enjoying this. Her voice was not a poison, but a healing to me. Since the lyric was a little dark, it somehow suited my situation. I felt like my life was being sung out by her.

Miss Furuya seemed not to notice that her voice was heavenly since she closed her eyes. Sometimes, she made a sorrowful expression as she sang out the lyric. Sometimes, she made a chuckle while tuning her voice. It was colourful, her way of singing. Unlike the previous voice I heard in the karaoke, this one felt more like living from her.

Neither forced nor fake, her voice was genuine. She did not make herself cheery and her style was original. It made me wonder, why did nobody notice her talent in singing this way? Did  no one in her agency notice this excellent talent of her?

As the song was nearing its end, her voice was raised a little for the high notes. I had to switch my focus back on my guitar since I almost lost the chords while listening to her.

"There's no way my wounds would heal~, I should just disappear~, yeah I should just disappear~~"

Plucking the last string, I ended it with a little bonus. Then, I turned my eyes to Miss Furuya who was still having her eyes closed beside me. Seeing her like this, I had to admit. I was expecting too low from her. It was not like I looked down on her talent, but this was surpassing my expectations by leaps and bounds. She was literally far cry from what she said about herself before. She was not actually untalented, but her talent was actually singing her own way and solo rather than a harmonizing in a group.

She was an idol who was better off having the stage alone to shine the brightest rather than sharing the spotlight with others.

"....let me say this, Miss Furuya."

"...what?"

"...you're getting twenty out of ten from me."

Finally, she opened her eyes as she looked at me with a surprised expression with positive vibes. I noticed that  the corners of her mouth were curving upward as she began to smile joyfully. She looked like she wanted to jump at me any moment.