Chapter 16 - As Always, I Was Never Trusted

Two days passed by without I realized it. For the first time, I never thought the two days would pass this quick without me sleeping more than two times. The time I spent with Miss Akari and Miss Harumi was making me going haywire with my sense of time. I did not know that going around with them would make more than forty eight hours became less than a day.

Over these two days, I definitely changed albeit very little to the point even I did not notice it. I only knew that when Miss Akari pointed it out. Miss Akari softened her attitude with me to the point I almost forgot how harsh she was before.

One of the changes was I spoke more than I did from before. When I walked around with them, they always asked me questions and I answered them as honest that I could. Then, by the end of the day, it was me who just naturally answered them with more than necessary information.

I also spoke faster without any pause. There was hardly any hesitation or time lag when I talked to them. Of course, I still did not speak much but, it was easier for them to communicate with me.

Lastly, I did not know why. But, I felt like I was looking forward to where we would be going next time. I felt this unexplainable emotion that wished for us to be together more.

Well, in the end, time was just not on our side yet I did not regret spending these two days with them, or so I thought I was feeling. I was sure that I did not regret since there was just a light emotion in me now.

Right now, I was in a train, commuting from home to school and from school to home. Even though Miss Akari wanted to go with me, she decided to give me some time for myself since she did not want me to feel annoyed or uncomfortable by constant advance. I took it positively as I did need some time for myself.

Since I did not like crowd, today's train was fortunately not too packed. It was not like there were not many people, it was just more breathable than usual. There were some spaces to move here and there. In time like this, I would usually be standing near the door while gazing outside. It was my habit as it brought me a sense of peace. Somehow, I just did not feel like it today, so I sat at one of the empty seat.

By my sense of time, it would be around thirty minutes or more for the train to arrive somewhere near the school. If nothing happens, I should be able to go to school like always.

A few minutes later, I saw a woman with a bulging stomach looking around with a worried face. She did not seem to feel well. A pregnant woman in a train was not a good idea, all the more reason as she was walking very slowly. For a pregnant woman like her to walk around, I figured that she must had a concerning issue.

I did not know why. Perhaps, I was slowly changing, I took the trouble of concerning myself with her issue, unlike the usual me who would only let her be.

"Miss, you sit here."

"Oh, thank you. But, it's fine."

While she was surprised at me calling out to her at first, she did not seem to be suspicious of me. That was one plus for her.

"You don't seem to look good, why don't you sit first and tell me what are you looking for so that I can help you?"

...wow.

Even I was amazed by myself who could speak such a long sentence to a stranger. Thinking back, I thought I sound a bit intrusive and bothering.

Fortunately, the woman did not take offense of what I had said. Instead, she listened and took a seat. She breathed a sigh listlessly albeit still worrying.

"Miss, may I ask what are you searching for?"

She was hesitant at first but gave up. Maybe she realized that she did not have the ability to do what she wanted to.