Chapter 11 - Truth Or Lie

—Then, I'll be leaving the rest to you Akari. Good night~. You too, Kouhai. If you lie to me again, I'll be haunting you in your sleep, okay? Sweet dreams~

"W-wait a minute, Hoshi? Hey!"

While Miss Minamoto was shouting, Senpai had already ended the call. She looked at her phone and put it on the table while turning her back to me. Then, both of us did not do anything or say anything. We literally stood in silence as she and me did not really know what to talk about.

As much as I wanted to return to my room, I could easily imagine what Senpai would do if she knows that I did not do what she said. I could just ignore her but seeing that she was one of the only person who treated me kindly, I did not want her to get hurt if I do that.

"....I'm sorry."

"No, you don't have to apologize. It's me who started this. Sorry."

Since I did not really understand what she meant by that, Miss Minamoto said not to mind it with a tired face.

"So, will you be sleeping in my room tonight?"

As she asked me with somehow an expectant gaze which I probably just imagined, I answered her honestly.

"....if you mind, I'll just go back to my room. About Senpai, I'll handle it."

"No! I don't mind it. You can sleep here."

"...then, excuse me. I'll be sleeping on the floor."

Since she would sleep on the bed, it was only natural for me to be sleeping on the floor. As much as I treasured my precious sleep, it was nothing compared to not being able to sleep because of a certain senior. I lowered my body to lay down on the floor, only to be grabbed of my shoulders by two hands of a girl. Her grips were strong and firm which were unusual for a highschool girl.

"Why did you naturally think that you'll be sleeping on the floor!? Your body will hurt in the next morning!"

"...where else can I sleep?"

The bed was not something I can sleep on. Miss Minamoto would sleep there. The thought of sleeping there never crossed my mind. There was no futon either. Thus, the floor was the only choice.

Miss Minamoto looked exasperated when she saw me trying to lay down here. I was confused.

Then, as if she found her resolution, she grabbed my hand and pulled me into her bed with her. The time she took was just an instant. I was shocked to say the least to the point I could not even react to her speed. As much as I disbelieved this situation, I was in a state of confusion.

"Sleep here, with me."

A voice, gentle and soft coming out of her mouth made me even more in disbelief. It was as if I was dreaming. She was acting like the elder sister I knew from childhood.  Ever caring and loving. Her harsh and strict demeanor from before seemed like a huge lie.

"...I'm sorry. Then, I'll be facing the other way."

Since I thought I was making her uncomfortable by showing her my face, I tried to turn the other way because that will make both of us more comfortable. But, she stopped me, with a pleading expression and words.

"No, just stay like this."

"....but, you'll be seeing me."

"All the better."

I could not understand. This whole situation was pushing my brain to work at its full limit. There were just too much irregularities. The elder sister of mine who despised me doing things like this. It was too much of a contradiction. Grabbing me on her own accord, letting me sleep in her bed and forbidding me from turning my face away from her. She was being strange.