Chapter 1 - Daily Life Of A Complicated Teenager

A high school boy was sitting alone at the roof of one of the school building. It was break at the moment. While all the other students were enjoying the break with their friends, the boy was eating his lunch alone at the roof, enjoying the calm breeze which softly kissed his face.

The only lunch he had was a loaf of bread. The bread was nothing special, just as normal as it could be. The boy had that not because he did not have enough money to buy food but simply because he did not want to eat.

Then, the sound of the door to the roof opening caused him to stay still for a moment and turned his face to see who came up. It was not forbidden for students to come up to the roof since it had already been covered by iron bars to prevent students from commiting suicide. However, it was rare to find anyone who would climb up the stairs just to sit here for a few moments.

The boy could guess who the person that could climb up the stairs just to spend some time here. Therefore, he was not really surprised to see a girl who was his senior by a year coming up here with her lunchbox.

The girl noticed the boy when she walked behind the wall. She was searching for his presence truth to be told. She greeted him as she sat down beside him.

"Hey, you're here again."

"....Senpai too."

"Mind if I eat my lunch here?"

"....it's not as if this is your first time. Besides, you already know the answer."

"Thanks."

Having such conversation, the boy did not mind the girl's presence beside him as he ate his bread. The girl also began to open her lunchbox and enjoy her lunch. After the first conversation, they had their lunch in silence with the sound of the calm wind filling the air.

Both of them did not mind the silence as they were already used to this kind of atmosphere.

"Thanks for the meal."

Since the girl had already finished her lunch, she cleaned up her lunchbox and tied it up with the cloth while the boy was gazing at the sky since he had already ate up his bread long before the girl.

"Hey. Come to think of it, it has been four years since we met."

The girl nonchalantly opened up a conversation as she also gazed upon the wide sky. The boy heard her words and replied shortly.

"Yes."

"You haven't changed at all even though a lot of time had passed."

"....."

"Hey, isn't it about time you talk about yourself?"

"....why should I?"

"Your promise when we were in middle school, did you forget?"

"....you still remember."

"Of course I do. I'm curious about you after all. Since I don't want to feel guilty, I did not ask anyone or investigate about you without your permission. I want to hear your story from your side. Can I?"

".....fine. But, it's your choice whether to believe me or not."

"It's fine. Since it's you, even if you spout lies, it's for my own sake. Four years are enough for me to know your personality a little."

The girl proudly spoke as she smiled at him. The boy had hair and spectacle that covered his eyes, so the girl could not properly see his eyes when they looked at each other. However, she knew that the boy had black eyes which seemed to be empty even though they were talking.