Ten

Somewhere along the ride, Ranboo had fallen asleep. The car was uncomfortable, but it was way better than the bench. He woke up after being shook. At first, he was confused. Where was he? Who was this man? But then he looked at Tubbo, who was outside already, waiting for him. "Wake up, we're here" Schlatt said. Ranboo stumbled out of the car and to Tubbos side, who grabbed his hand. They were in what seemed to be the middle of nowhere, with only a house in sight. The boys followes Schlatt inside.
"So are you gonna tell me why you're out here?" Ranboo still said nothing. Schlatt sighed. "Listen boy, I don't want to have to call the police, but if you don't give me a good reason to-" "Okay!" Ranboo blurted out. "I mean," he said, in a quieter voice "I will just, could we, could we have something to eat? I don't, I haven't," Schlatt nodded and led them towards the dining room and turned the TV on. Both boys sat on a chair and put their backpacks on the chair besides them.
After some time of watching a talkshow host talk about stuff nobody cares about, the smell of food became way too strong to ignore it. Ranboo turned to Tubbo, whose head was resting on the table, half asleep. Ranboo gave him a slight shake. Tubbo quickly sat up and looked around, made eye contact with Ranboo, and smiled. That was the first time Ranboo had seen Tubbo smile since they left. How are you feeling? Ranboo asked. Tubbo shrugged. Shit. Shitty. I don't know. Ranboo closed his eyes. Of course he wouldn't be feeling good, why did he ask that?
"Was that sign language?" Schlatt asked, walking into the room with two big plates filled with food. He put them in the middle of the table and sat down. "You can grab anything you want as much as you want." The boys wasted no time digging in. "Yea, my friend, Tubbo is deaf. We took sign language classes together." Ranboo answered, grabbing a pancake and immediately dropping it because he underestimated the heat. "Cool, cool. So are you gonna tell me the story now? What's with the bandages?" Ranboo sighed.He turned to the TV.
"...sunny, so make sure to grab your sunscreen and head to the beach!"

"Um, well it started when I went to a friends house. One of the guy kinda grabbed my friends hearing aid and threw it, so my friend obviously upset ran away so I went to look for him," Schlatt stared at him. "He burned the hearing aid?? Those shits are EXPENSIVE! Did he get new ones?" Ranboo shook his head. "I found him back at my place drinking, my, dads beer." Ranboo turned to Tubbo, who was still eating to his heart's content. "Well, my dad came home and then, and then he," He what? What did his dad do? He got mad, right? Ranboo hit his head with his hand. "I, I can't remember. My dad was... mad I think. I dont, know" He said holding his head in his hands. Tubbo noticed he looked upset, so he put hand on top of Ranboos. "Damn. It'll come back to you soon I'm sure, sounds like you had a rough time," Ranboo could barely understand Schlatt. Why couldn't he remember?

"...in other news we are currently looking for this person after presumedly burning a house down to hide his victim. He was seen outside a Walmart through the security cameras"

Ranboo turned to the TV, just in time to see a blurry photo of his face flash on the screen. He heard a chair slide and turned to Schlatt, who was standing and staring at the TV. "What, the fuck. That's you! Did you kill your father? Is that why you quote couldn't remember?? Jesus," Schlatt started walking towards the living room "Stay. Put" He said, and ran out. Ranboo turned to Tubbo and gestured towards his backpack. Both boys grabbed their stuff, and a pancake to go, and jumped out the kitchen window.

I think I have an idea on how the rest of the story is gonna go, so I will hopefully update much quicker. Anyways true to previous statements it is 5 am so I shall sleep now. Take care of each other and yourselves<3
c: -P