Thirteen

"Hey, I'm Snifferish. You guys must be new in town. They like to rip on new people and, oh-" they stopped, taking a long hard look at Ranboos face, who just looked down, embarrassed. "Oh, sorry, I was just- what happened to your face? Oh sorry that sounds rude I just mean-" Ranboo shook his head "no its, its fine I just don't really wanna talk about it." he said, still looking down. Didn't want to talk about it. He didn't even remember. All he remembered was that it was his dad, and that was the reason they were running. But what was the reason? "Well, um, you should come by my place. My roommate takes care of injuries and stuff, she can help" Ranboo didn't really want any help, but he didn't want to be rude. He grabbed Tubbo's hand and followed her.
"Sooo, what brings you out here, and where are you parents?" Snifferish asked. Ranboo shrugged. "We're running away"
Tubbo spoke up. "What? no, we, yea, we ran away." Ranboo said quietly. Snifferish nodded. "Surprisingly you're not the first runaway teen we've had here. In fact, I was one. And so was my roommate, and so was out other roommate." The house was a medium sized cottage. They had a pen of pigs and another of chickens outside. Snifferish knocked on the door and was greeted by a pink haired girl. "Hi Niki, this is Ranboo. Ranboo this is Niki" Niki smiled and held her hand out. Ranboo shook her hand and went inside. "Another runaway?" someone called from the kitchen.
After Ranboo got done showering. He went out to look for Tubbo, who was crouching by the pigs. Ranboo crouched next to him. Tubbo put his hand up to his lips and pointed somewhere. Ranboo couldn't see exactly what he was pointing at, a pig was covering it. That's when someone put their hand on their shoulder. It was Puffy, the oldest roommate. "Did you see the kid?" Ranboo raised an eyebrow. She sighed and walked back inside. A few moments later she came out out in boots. She walked into the pen and picked something up where Tubbo was pointing. It was a kid. "This is Micahel, Nikkis brother. He always falls asleep in the pig pen for some reason." She carried Michael back inside. Ranboo sat up to follow. "Do you think," Tubbo started, causing Ranboo to look back "do you think they would, you know, lets us get a job, to like, buy hearing aids and stuff. Like we already have some, we could just," Ranboo grabbed Tubbos hands. "We can ask." He said and smiled. Tubbo smiled back.

They had underestimated how much money hearing aids cost. They weren't even half way and they were sure the police was close on their trail. They had taken up multiple jobs, having little to no free time. "You need to calm down. The world isn't ending tomorrow. You don't have to work twice as much." Snifferish said. "You're still a kid, so go be one. Niki, Snifferish and I take care of the money, you can help next year if you decide to stay. I appreciate the effort, but you need a break." Puffy told them. Ranboo didn't listen, because they didn't have all the time in the world. The police could show up at any time. They needed to buy them before the police found them. It wasn't until Ranboo accidentally cut his scar open again that he finally took a break.

mentions of death

          Ranboo had tried getting close to Michael but he would always run away, so he asked Niki if she could make him a mask, preferably black and white. Michael was still a little shy, but he would let Ranboo talk to him now. Ranboo helped Michale out with feeding the chickens and pigs, he just couldn't get him to talk. After everyone fell asleep, Ranboo noticed Niki outside and went to sit besides her. "You know, I'm glad Michael met you. He's always spent time on his own. Has he, spoken with you bu any chance?" Niki asked. Ranboo shook his head. "No actually, I was gonna ask you, how I could yknow, get him to talk to me." Niki sighed. "Yea, he's, ever since our grandmother passed he just hasn't said a word. I don't think he even remembers how to talk, she passed years ago when he barely knew any words." Niki laid down. Ranboo laid next to her. "How old is he?" he asked. "He's turning 6 soon. She passed near his third birthday." she said and closed her eyes. "What about," Ranboo hesitated "what about your parents?". Niki looked at him and gave a sad smile. "Mother died during child birth, father left because of that. We, I, didn't want to go to an orphanage, I don't know I didn't think of him as much as I wish I could have. We got really lucky Puffy found us, we could have been out there for months. I'm just glad it all turned out." She smiled. "So uh, why did you ran away?" Ranboo opened his mouth to answer, but he couldn't remember. Any of it.

omg im sorry I only had one more paragraph left to write this but i fell asleep and forgot about it but here you go! anyways don't get too attached to the new characters or else the next chapter will suck. anywayss goodnight/morning and take care of yourselves<33
c: -P