Eighteen

"Is this where your family lives?" Charlie asked. They were back at Sniff and Puffys house. Ranboo shook his head. "I just want to check something". He took a deep breath and knocked. Snifferish opened the door, and closed it again. Then opened it again and looked at Charlie. "What do you think you're doing here!" She said. Ranboo grabbed Charlie and went inside. "Look! Here me out. I'm, I need you to take me home. I'm to turn myself in, but i need to see something, someone, first."Sniff pointed to Charlie "and who's that? Did you take him from his family too?". Charlie laughed, then sheepishly replied "I don't have a family" Sniff gave a soft sorry. They turned to Puffy who walked into the living room with Michael. "Ranboo!" Michael squealed and ran to hug Ranboo. Snifferish pulled him apart before Ranboo had the chance to hug him back. "What is he doing here." Puffy asked, then turned to Charlie "and who is he." "I'm Charlie! from the woods!" the boy answered. Puffy walked towards him. "You, look so familiar, and the name, where's your family?" She asked, Ranboo stepped in front of charlie and looked towards Puffy and Snifferish. "I need a ride back home." He looked at Michael. "Is um," he choked, "is Niki okay?".
            They had called the police to figure anything out about Charlie. Ranboo hid on the barn he used to sleep in. Puffy agreed to take Ranboo back, only if he immediately turned himself in. She questioned why he wanted to turn himself in all the way back in his home town. He didn't know how to answer, because he didn't know why, he just had this feeling he had to go back. He ended up falling asleep behind a few boxes, and woke up to the barn door opening. "Ranboo?" he heard Sniff call out. He quickly jumped up, only to fall back down. He hadn't realized how exhausted he was until he slept. They walked towards Ranboo and sat next to him. "You know, if you weren't a murderer, we could've been friends" she laughed. Ranboo flinched. "I didn't mean to, I was protecting Tub- my friend." They turned to him "Tubbo?" they asked. Ranboo's heart skipped a beat at the sound of his name. "How, how do you know him?" he asked. "Holy shit he's all over the news he was found nearly dead in the same house! You didn't," she stopped "you didn't try to kill him too, did you?" Sniff asked. Ranboo was taken aback. Why would he ever want to kill Tubbo? "What! Of course not he was, I, he was just there, he was caught in between. I don't know, but I know it wasn't me who hurt him! He's," Ranboo smiled. "He's alive.." He was glad to hear Tubbo made it, but if they thought he was a murderer...
          "Why, why aren't you scared of me?" Ranboo asked. "I'm this supposed murderer who's all over the news and your friend," he trailed off. Sniff looked away. "Um, yea I'm being searched for by police and you're just here, talking to me." She sat up and gestured for him to get up too. They started walking. "You know, Michael has been looking around every day. I don't know if it's for Niki, or for you. I'm glad he didn't, you know, have to see her like that. I'm glad it's not his last memory of her. It was still a shitty thing of you to do, but I know you want what's best for him. The first word he's said in years was Ranboo. I don't know if I'm thankful for the fact you got him to talk or if I hate you for making a killers name be his first word. He sometimes points at the barn and says your name." He knew it didn't really answer his question, but he had bothered them enough, and didn't ask any more questions.
          Charlie was sleeping on Puffys lap. Her eyes were red. She looked up at the two entering and told them to sit. "When I left home, I left behind a little brother. I've hated myself every day because of it. Our parents were gone, and I left him alone. If it wasn't for grandma I don't know what I would've done with myself. That guilt of never knowing how he is would've eaten me alive." She turned to Ranboo "If it weren't for you, I would've never found my brother again." Snifferish and Ranboo both gasped. Puffy looked down at Charlie. "I don't know the story of why you're in the news, but you're a good kid, for the most part. We don't have much time until they track you back to us, we leave in an hour."

heyyy hahaha totally didn't buy a game to take my mind off of stress and forgot about this story hahaha um. sorry for the kinda shit update lol i wanted to update the story tho. also 21k reads thats crazy thanks lol. um, yea, lots of stuff happening, the techno upload, i start school tmrw, idk just stuff. story is almost done anyways, next chapter might be the last. Anyways, take care of yourselves<3
-P