Nineteen

He felt like he was dreaming. Everything in his home town looked the same since he left. Almost as if nothing had happened. They stopped in front of Tubbos house. "Are you sure this is okay? I mean, I don't-" Puffy started, but Ranboo got off the car before she could finish. He watched Charlie wave goodbye as the car drove off and took a deep breath. He raised his hand and knocked on the door. Lani opened the door. She stared at Ranboo for a while. He looked quite different than the last time she saw him. She flinched at the smell of being out in the wild for months and looked up. Ranboo pulled down his mask and opened his mouth to talk, but she quickly closed the door. Ranboo held the door opened with his foot and pushed her aside, letting himself in. "Get out of my house." she said. Ranboo looked towards the stairs "Is Tubbo in his room?" he asked. Instead of waiting for an answer, he walked up. The house was the same. If only his life could've stayed the same.
Ranboo slowly opened the door to Tubbos room, and there he was, sitting on his desk which was facing the window. Ranboo slowly took a step inside. The floor creaked, and Tubbo looked up. "What do you want?" he said, without turning around. Ranboo didn't answer. He didn't know what he wanted, he just wanted to prove Tubbo was alive. He had seen the proof, so he started backing up. "I said what do you want!" Tubbo said, turning around just in time to make eye contact with Ranboo before the door closed. Ranboo held his breath. He wanted to run, but couldn't even take a step. What could he even say to Tubbo? He probably was scared of him as much as everyone else. Just as he was about to walk back down and leave, the door opened.
"Are you really, you?" Ranboo didn't dare make eye contact with Tubbo. "Um, yea, hi Tubbo." Ranboo saw Tubbo reach for his hands, so he moved them away. "Sorry I kinda left you for dead. I didn't know what else to do. Im so sor-" His apology was interrupted by Tubbo giving him a hug. He couldn't tell if this was still his imagination, but this felt pretty real. He hugged his friend as long as he could, until Tubbo pulled away. "Why are you here? They come here nearly every day because it's one of the most likely places you'd be!" Tubbo grabbed Ranboo's head. Forced to make eye contact, he broke. "I'm, I'm sorry I wa- I just- I wanted to see you again. I wanted to make sure you weren't dead I don't know". There was a knock on the door. Tubbo quickly shoved Ranboo into his closet. "Stay here, and like I don't know hide somehow." Tubbo said, and closet his closet. The darkness reminded Ranboo of his nights outside, just with less stars and with a more...Tubbo smell.
Once his eyes adjusted to the dark, the saw a pile of clothes to the side. He quickly went there and burried himself in. The clothes were too little to cover his body, so he started pulling clean clothes into the pile. Tubbo would probably kill him, but it'd be better than being in jail. As he pulled the last piece of clothing, Tubbos door opened. He quickly added the sweatshirt to the pile of heavy fabric making it nearly impossible to breath stopped moving. "I told you he's not here." He heard Tubbo say, an annoyed tone in his voice. "We know, it's just protocol. Could we look around your room?" an unfamiliar voice said, someone who Ranboo could only assume was a cop. "No, but you're already looking." Ranboo couldn't help but to smile to himself. Although it was in a very unfortunate situation, he had missed the sas in Tubbos voice. The thoughts of his friend were cut off when footsteps made their way towards the closet door. "What is that smell?!" The officer said. "It's my closet! I'm a teenage boy okay stop judging so much!" Tubbo cried. The doors swung open. Ranboo held his breath, trying to make as little moment as possible, if any. After a few seconds that felt like years, the officer let out a deep sigh and closed the door. "Geez, when was the last time you did your laundry?"

this was supposed to be the last chapter, but i decided to add at least two more so heres smth. sorry for not updating for almost a month, i just feel like i couldve done this story sm better but im glad at least some of u like it c: i'll try to finish it as soon as i can. take care<3
c: -P