2

When catching feelings for your best friend, it's best to not make it obvious that you have feelings for them.

And for George, that was difficult.

He's never been one to express his feelings publicly, let alone to anyone privately. That is, until he met Dream. Dream helped him open up about his life, about his emotions, and George is thankful that he has such a caring best friend. However, he is not thankful for catching feelings for said best friend.

It started three months ago. Dream and George were on a Discord call, late at night for the both of them. They sat in comfortable silence for a while, before Dream mentioned his music.

George knew Dream was working on making music. Everyone did, he announced it on Twitter that he was working on it. Initially, George wasn't that interested in it. But soon, he became another one of the simps. He wondered how Dream's voice would sound singing different notes, if his voice would be higher pitched or lower, or even neutral. He wanted to hear Dream sing, and he didn't realize how bad he wanted to hear him sing until he realized he didn't want Dream to make music and sing for everyone, he wanted Dream to sing for him.

Call him selfish, but George wanted to be the first one to hear Dream's new song.

He got his wish that night.

Three Months Ago...

"George?" Dream called out, dragging George's attention away from the video he was editing and to the Discord screen on his monitor. 

The two had been sitting in a comfortable silence; George editing a new YouTube video while Dream did his own thing on the other end of the call. They had been in a call for hours, neither one of them busy enough to end the call. 

"Hm?" George hummed, shuffling on the other side of the call.

"Do you wanna hear my song?"

George froze.

"What?" it came out in a breathy whisper-yell. Did Dream really ask that? Of course, the answer was yes, but this was so out-of-the-blue. It was late for the both of them, neither of them having spoken in the call for a while. Now George's full attention was on Dream's Discord icon, waiting for Dream's next words.

Dream chuckled at George's obvious shock. "I can send the file to you, and you can listen to it." 

George thought for a split second before answering, "Okay, yeah, sure."

A couple of minutes passed, and George's mouse cursor hovered over the file Dream had sent him. It had been a solid month and a half since Dream announced working on music publicly, and now George would be the first to hear his song. The first to hear Dream's voice as he sings.

He felt privileged to say the least.

"I'm gonna click it now." George announced, earning a hum from Dream in response.

On the other end of the call, the blonde was sat at his setup, nervousness and curiosity wrecking his mind. What would George think of his singing voice? What would he think of the song overall?

Well, there was only one way to find out.

-

HAHA! I have returned and have left you at a cliffhanger.

I'm sorry, lol. I just don't want the chapters to be too long XD

Well, see ya in the next one! The next chapter should be out very soon since I'm writing it right after publishing this :)