3

Three Months Ago...

Well, there was only one way to find out.

Dream heard a 'click' on the other end of the call, and he bit down on his lip. He wished George had his camera on; then he could see the brunet's face, if he was shocked or smiling, or both. He just wanted to know what George was thinking.

George was definitely shocked. After the first ten seconds of listening to the instrumentals, he heard Dream's voice. After another ten seconds, his mouth had taken the shape of an 'o'. Dream's voice was mesmerizing, and it wasn't high pitched or really low, it was neutral. At some notes his voice would go higher, at others lower, and George adored it.

"Drove twenty hours, by the ocean
Up the east coast, what a roadtrip."

The words were sang sweetly, and George listened closely.

"Now that interstate is paved with memories,
Of a past life I lived when I was eighteen.
And every winter I think back to what we used to be,
In that past life we lived at eighteen."

The meaning of the song, George knew right away. It was the typical song about an ex, but it was still good. It was more than good, actually, it was amazing.

[Song - "Roadtrip" ~ Dream & PmBata]

When the song was finished, George stuttered over words before finally finding a single one.

"Wow..." Dream chuckled.

"What'd you think?" Dream asked, his voice cracking halfway through.

"It was- Dream, I don't-" George mentally kicked himself for stumbling over his words so much, and he took a deep breath before finally managing a sentence. "It's really good."

"Yeah? You think so?" Dream smiled, and so did George. Neither of them could see each other's smiles, but they knew. 

"Yeah, I do." 

George's mind screamed several things:
1. Dream's voice is hot, especially when singing.
2. Dream knows how to tell a story in lyrics.
3. Everything about Dream is hot.

Wait... what?

Present day...

George tried to push away those initial thoughts. He tried, really hard, to think of Dream as a best friend. He tried to ignore the barely apparent feelings he had for Dream; but here we are, months later, and his feelings have grown. They've become more apparent, and it's been more and more difficult to push them away.

When Dream's song came out, George listened to it on repeat. The only time he didn't listen to it was when he was streaming, but still then he'd listen to it a couple times out of request from his viewers. He didn't really mind though, he knew all the words before the song had even been released. He knew exactly how Dream's voice curved on each note, too.

George didn't admit to himself that he had feelings for Dream until recently. He didn't want to come to terms with the fact that he had fallen for his best friend. He didn't want to come to terms with the fact that he had fallen for someone living miles and miles away. He didn't want to come to terms with the fact that he had fallen for a faceless man.

But sometimes we have to come to terms with things we don't necessarily want to.

-

I spelled necessarily right on the first try, let's go.

Anyway, last filler chapter before getting into the action! By this, I mean in the next chapter we won't be in this weird 3rd person view. Well, we will be, but it'll be different. I- you'll see *~*

See ya in the next one :)