Caught

Everleigh
Sirius walks into the room and at first he sounded angry that I was here but once he realized what I had found, he sounded scared.

"What is this?" I ask him, forcing myself to stand up.

"I can explain-"

"I don't need an explanation. I read the letters." I snap. "Why would you do this to me?! You saw how badly I'm hurting and you didn't think to tell me!"

"I wanted to every day but Regulus-"

"But you're the one here! I would've kept his fucking secret and he knows it."

"He didn't want to put you in danger again."

"I'm getting really tired of hearing that excuse! I can make those decisions for myself." I snap, throwing the letters at him and storming of his room.

Sirius follows me out and calls me but I ignore him.

"Everleigh! Please wait and let me explain!' Sirius calls out to me. Everyone had returned from breakfast and now the entire Gryffindor common room is staring at us.

"What's going on?" Remus asks us, looking between the two of us as I glare at Sirius.

"Please." Sirius continues to beg me.

"You can explain to them what you did. I'm leaving now."

"Please." He tries one more time but it's too late. I already turned around and I'm opening the door to leave the common room.

I'm so angry I don't even know what to say to him. Hearing him out right now will just make me more angry. If Regulus didn't think I could understand how dangerous things are... I've been going through everything with him since the beginning. Why now does he not want me involved?

Why now is it too dangerous for me to know anything?

I can not wait until this year is over, only a little over two weeks left and then I can go home for the summer.

I go to Regulus' dorm room because it's the only place I feel... connected to him but the second I get inside the room and close the door, I collapse and start crying. I lean against the back of the door with my knees to my chest and cry uncontrollably.

He was alive the entire time.

I knew he wasn't actually gone. I felt it.

But the fact that he lied about it... and asked his brother to help him hide.

Everything hurts.

-

Sirius
When Everleigh walked away and didn't even let me explain, I know what I have to do next. I head back into the common room and walk by everyone calling my name. I know they're curious but I can't exactly explain it to them right this second. I go back into the dorm room and grab the letters and then walk back out of the common room.

I have to go to the owlery because he has to know that she knows now.

He has to come back and explain it to her because she's hurting right now and she's confused. She needs him.

The owlery was empty so I grab a piece of parchment and start writing my letter.

-

Arcturus,
I'm so sorry but she found the letters in my dorm room and is now really pissed off at me, i'm assuming at both of us.

You need to go to her and explain it all because she's really confused about it all.

Padfoot.

-

It didn't take long for him to reply to my letter saying to let him know when it's safe to come and he'll meet us in his dorm room.

Now I just need to get her to be on board with seeing him.

But I have to find her first.

Where would she be right now?

There's only two places I could think of that she'd be and one of them is pretty hard for me to get to her. I bet that's where she is.

I turn around and start walking back towards the Slytherin tower. Hopefully Andromeda or Narcissa will answer the door and let me in. Even Severus would be okay but not Bella or Lucius. I don't want to have to explain it or come up with an excuse as to why I'm here.

I take a deep breathe before knocking on the door to the Slytherin tower. It took a few moments but the portrait opened and standing on the other side was Drom.

"I don't know what happened but she came in looking like she was about to burst into tears and she hasn't left Regulus' dorm since." Andromeda says as she let's me into the common room and walks me to my brother's dorm.

"Thanks, I got it from here." I tell her. She reluctantly nods and walks away, leaving me alone in the hallway outside of my brother's dorm room.

I knock on the door and get no response.

"Everleigh, i'm here. Let me in." I say.

No response.

"Please, I need to explain."

Nothing.

"Ever-"

The door unlocks and I reluctantly open it and walk in.

She's laying on the bed under the blankets and some of his stuff has been thrown around. I close the door behind me and lock it again.

Without saying anything, I go to the bed and sit down beside her. She doesn't say a word.

"Can I please explain?" I ask her.

"I don't need an explanation because I know how dangerous of a situation he was in." She says. Her voice was quiet and weak and it broke my heart.

"I'm sorry Everleigh. I thought it was the only way to protect the both of you."

"I know you thought that."

"I sent him a letter saying that you know he's alive and that he should come talk to you." I tell her. She sits up and looks at me for the first time since I got here.

"What did he say?"

"He said to send him a letter back when it's a good time for him to come and he'll meet you here." I explain. "I'll only ask him to come if you want him to."

"I want him to come."

"Okay, is there extra parchment here?" I ask. She points to the little desk across the room and I go over to the stack of parchment. On top is a letter from Everleigh to Regulus. I push it aside and grab a blank one and right "ready now." and send it off.

I guess now we wait.