My Hufflepuff

Sirius walks me straight to the door and even knocks for me. It's rather funny that he's so protective that he walks me to the door every night. Narcissa was the one who opened the door this time and she looked rather exhausted.

"I figured it was you." Narcissa says. "I don't know anyone else who would knock on the door."

"Yeah, sorry we're so late this time." Sirius says to her cousin. "Are you okay? You seem exhausted."

"I'm fine Sirius." Narcissa says. "Come in, I'll make sure you get there without Bella getting in the way. You coming in too Sirius?"

I look at him to see but he shakes his head. "No, sorry. I have to go. I have a date tonight."

"Have fun." I say to him.

"Owl me if you need anything."

"I'll be fine."

Sirius gives me a quick hug before I disappear behind the wall into the Slytherin common room. I see Lucius sitting on the couch by the fire place but other than that the common room is empty.

"I didn't interrupt anything... did I?" I ask Narcissa.

"No, nothing like that." Narcissa says as we walk by him to the dorm rooms.

When we got to Regulus' room, Narcissa put her hand on my shoulder. "How are you doing with everything?"

"I'm- I'm okay. Some days are really hard and some are a little easier."

"I'm glad you got out today." Narcissa says to me.

"Me too." I whisper.

"Good night Everleigh." She says before turning back to go to the common room.

Regulus' room feels like home. The familiar scent of him. The comfort in the hours we've spent here together, reading together and cuddling. I take my shoes and robes off so I'm just in a shirt and pants.

I sit down on the bed and run my hand through hair and let out a loud sigh. At least before when I went out, I could come home and cuddle with Reg. He would kiss my cheek and read to me. Everything was simple back then.

Now he's out there and I don't know where he is or if he's safe. I don't know what he's thinking or what he's planning. I don't even know when I can see him again.

Then I hear the tapping sounds of an owl. Regulus.

I rush over to the window and open it. The owl comes in and flies around the room a few times before dropping the letter and landing on the bed post.

The envelope says 'Hufflepuff' in his hand writing. I can't even hide the smile on my face. It's like he knows I'm thinking of him right now and I need him so he sends me the letter.

-

My Hufflepuff,
I was going to wait for you to write to me first but I miss you too much and I don't want to wait. I wish I could be there with you right now. I wish I could hide in my dorm room with you and we could read till you fall asleep.

I'm doing this for you. For us and for our child. I don't want them to be raised in a world where he exists and is a threat. I'm tired of it but then I remember you'd be in danger if I don't. You keep me going.

I hope you're doing okay... Sirius wrote me a few moments ago and told me you went out today. I'm glad. You should be going out. I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better. I know you were kind of shocked and upset after I left. I wouldn't be surprised if you were still mad at me. I know you said you aren't. Or you're trying to get over it. Take the time you need. I'm here.

I also heard you have a doctors appointment coming up. If you take Sirius, can one of you write to me after and let me know how it goes. I hate not being able to go myself but as long as I stay in the loop... I'll be okay.

I still can't believe we are having a child. You are going tk be the best mother. I know it. Our child is the luckiest to have you as their mother.

Someone as caring and loyal and protective as you, but at the same time fun and understanding.

I love you and can't wait to hear from you. My beautiful Hufflepuff.

Arcturus

-

I must have read the letter about five times before I put it down. Then I get some parchment and a quill and start writing a responding letter for him.

-

Arcturus,
I'm glad you sent me a letter before I could. I was thinking about you when the letter showed up. It was perfect timing. I miss you. I wish I could come home and cuddle with you. I wish we could read together in the astronomy tower but I know what you're doing is very important.

I don't know how you knew I needed to hear that I'll be a good mother, maybe you just know me better than I know myself.. but thanks. I'm nervous to be a mother. I'm scared what people will say when they find out. Of course I told our friends... but I mean other people. Like your cousins... like your parents.

Just so you know, you're going to be an amazing father. I hope you're not feeling as nervous as I think you are. You are so strong, brave and protective but at the same time, you're understanding and patient. My love, you are going to be an amazing father. I promise you. You won't be anything like your parents.

Don't worry about the appointments. Sirius said he will come with me and I'll write to you the second I get home. You won't be out of the loop at all. I promise you.

Write to me whenever you get the chance.. okay?

I love you.

Your Hufflepuff. (except the guys say I'm more Slytherin now)

-

I sent the letter with the owl and then changed into Regulus' sweater and went to lay down in his bed. I grabbed the book on the nightstand. The book we always read together and read for about an hour. After that, I passed out. My head hit that pillow and I was out cold. I didn't even realize how exhausted I was.