Riddle's Past 3

I don't even know what to say to that. Whatever I thought I was expecting... that was not it. Sirius and I both stare at James, waiting for him to say just kidding or elaborate on it but he just stands there and stares at us. He's waiting for us to react.

"Are you uh- not going to say anything?" James awkwardly asks the two of us as he looks between us.

"I was just waiting to see if you were done talking." I say to him. He looks freaked out but he's not running away anymore. I say that's a good sign.

"I- yeah I'm don't talking." James says awkwardly.

"You had a crush on my brother?" Sirius asks him. His voice was hard to read. It was calm and steady but I remember how he reacted when Reg and I stared. Who knows what's going through his head.

"Y- yeah but it was just an innocent crush and it didn't mean anything." James says, his voice anything but steady.

"It didn't mean anything?" Sirius asks him.

"I was just getting to know him again. Getting to know the new him. I don't know. I guess I developed a small crush but I'm in love with Lily. That hasn't changed."

Sirius studies him for a moment, James and I don't say anything. We just wait for whatever Sirius has to say.

Personally, I don't have anything to say. Regulus is my husband yes, and I understand why James was so hesitant to tell me but I'm not worried about him stealing Reg. We're married and have a kid on the way and we're in love. We're happy. Well, besides not seeing each other because he's faking his death. It's complicated but still.

"Sirius? Are you going to say something? Please understand that it's nothing. It's not a big deal.." James begs him.

Sirius blinks and then looks back to me before turning back to James.

"I didn't even know you were into guys." Sirius says, completely ignoring the part about his brother and his best friend.

James let's put a shaky breathe before he speaks. "I didn't know either... not until I realized- you know."

"How long have you had a crush on him?" Sirius asks him.

"Not long. It was a quick one and I'm already over it." James admits. Then he looks to me and says, "I'm sorry. I know he's your husband and nothing would ever happen. Ever."

"I know nothing would happen." I say to him. "Stop worrying about it, James. I get it. He's hot and super fucking amazing. I'm surprised everyone doesn't have a crush on him."

James let's out another shaky breathe before smiling at me.

"Okay." He says, smiling at me. "So... we're good?"

"Yeah, we're good James. Stop worrying." I say to him gently.

James nods to me to recognize me telling him to stop worrying and then turns to Sirius again.

"Don't look at me, I don't care if you like my brother or not and I know you're in love with Lily." Sirius says to him.

"Oh that's rude." I cut in. "It was a huge deal when liked him and we fight for a long time but it's okay for James to like him?"

"You liked him before he changed." Sirius says to me. "He changed for you. He liked you enough to be better for you. I know he's a good person now."

"I had to do all of the hard work." I jokingly say to them and they laugh.

"If that's what you want to call it." Sirius says to me as he pats my shoulder. "Why doesn't Lily believe you? That it's nothing now."

"I guess she thinks that if I liked Regulus, I couldn't be in love with her but that's not true. I love her more than anything. She's my soulmate."

"Did you try and tell her that?"

"I tried to tell her but she wouldn't let me talk once she knew." James says sadly.

"How did she even find out?" Sirius asks him.

"I told her. I figured honesty is the way to go." James sighs.

"You and honesty?" Sirius asks his friend, jokingly.

"Shut up Sirius. I was trying to do the right thing because I really love this girl."

"I'm sorry James. I'm sure she'll come around eventually. As soon as she cools off." I say to him.

"I really hope so. I really do love her. I have since I met her."

"Trust me James, I know." Sirius mumbles.

"Oh fuck off." James mutters to his friend. "Can one of you walk me out of the snake den now? I'd like to go back to Gryffindor where I'm safe."

"I'll walk you out but I'm not coming with you." Sirius says to him. "I'm not ready to go back to Gryffindor. Not until Remus is done studying with Lily."

"You're probably going to be waiting a while." James says as they head towards the door to the dorm. "You know how the two of them get when they're studying. It could go on forever."

"I know," Sirius says as he opens the door. "I'll be back Everleigh, don't lock me out."

"I'll think about it." I reply.

"Don't you fucking lock me out with Snivilus." Sirius warns me.

"Okay you dramatic child." I say to him. "I'll leave the door unlocked. See you James."

"See you later, and thanks for being understanding-"

"James, I mean it. Stop apologizing and thanking me. Just let it go, okay? It's fine." I say to him in a light tone and he nods his head.

"Okay, okay." He says as Sirius shoves him out the door.

Once they're both out of the dorm room, I sit down at the desk and grab a piece of parchment and a quill. I want to write to Reg before Sirius gets back because I don't want him to be around when I'm writing it. He'll distract me or be dramatic because I'm not paying attention to him.

-

Arcturus,
This letter took a lot longer to write than I thought it would but it's not my fault! It's a really funny story but I'll tell you later. It's definitely one of those stories I have to tell you in person. You'll understand why when I tell you.

Anyway, you need to be looking for a Hufflepuff cup. That could possibly be the next horcrux.

I hope that's helpful enough. I was a little confused when I looked at it myself because it makes no sense. I guess they only have to make sense to him.

By the way, andromeda and Ted are pretty cool. Ted is kind of awkward but other than that he's really sweet and funny. Andromeda is a mix between you and Sirius. She jokes around like Sirius but she's chill like you. I had a lot of fun with the two of them.

Let me know if you need any more help with any of this. I'll keep looking for other possible horcruxes and write if I find any.

I have another doctors appointment coming up soon, just thought I'd give you a heads up about that too. Everything is fine right now though.

Love,
Your Hufflepuff.