Miss My Slytherin

Sending letters out to Regulus gets harder and harder every time I do it. Not because I find it hard, but because every time I do, it reminds me that he's not here with me. That he can't be here with me and it could be a very long time until he can be. It's so hard to not have him here.

After I sent the letter off with the owl, I drop to the flood against the wall by the window. I wrap my arms around my legs and bury my head in my legs and start crying. I've been holding it in for so long and I just feel exhausted. I can't keep holding the sadness in. It's not good for me and it can't be good for the baby.

I don't remember hearing the door open but I guess at some point between the time I sat down and started crying and now, Sirius returned to the room. He's kneeling in front of me and gently rubbing my back to try and get me to calm down a little bit.

"Everleigh, what happened? Just try and calm down for me." Sirius says gently as he rubs my back.

"I can't-"

"Just take deep breathes, okay? I'm here." Sirius continues to say.

"I can't do this w-without him anymore. It's so hard when I constantly miss him." I mumble between deep breathes and tears pouring down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry you're going through this but you know he's only trying to do what's right." Sirius says carefully. "He wants the world to be safe for your little baby."

I nod my head in response. I know what he's doing and why he's doing it but that doesn't change the fact that it's hard.

"I just miss him." I whisper. Sirius' face gives away exactly what he's thinking the moment I look up at him. He understands, of course. He might be the only one who could understand why I'm actually crying right now. If Andromeda was the one who walked in, she'd be thinking I'm grieving over my dead husband.

"I know you miss him and I can't even imagine how hard this is for you..." Sirius says as he pulls me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around him and lean my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me and holds me tight.

"I need him." I mumble into Sirius' chest and he hums in understanding.

"I know and he will be back sooner than you think. It'll be okay, Everleigh. You'll be okay."

"I just miss him, it's so hard."

"I miss him too." Sirius mumbles in response. "But you have me for as long as you need me. I promise you'll never be alone."

"T-thanks for being here." I say as I push off of him and lean against the wall again. "Sorry- that was kind of out of no where."

"I say it's about time you had a breakdown. I would've been worried if you didn't have at least one by now."

"Funny." I mumble and still my eyes jokingly.

"How about you get into something comfy and we can do something together. Anything you want. I can go get Drom too and we can get your mind off of all of this."

"Okay, you go and get Andromeda and I'll get changed." I say to him, smiling gratefully at him. I don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for him.

"Okay, I'll be back in a bit. I'm going to let Remus know I'm staying here." Sirius says to me before getting up and helping me up too. He then kisses the top of my head before heading towards the door.

-

Sirius' POV
I knew that Everleigh must have been missing Regulus but I didn't know it was this bad. I thought if they were writing to each other, maybe that would make things easier on her. At least then she could still be in contact with him. Judging by how much she was crying just a second ago, it's really getting to her. I have an idea though and if it works, maybe I can make her feel a little better.