Managed

"We're going to what? Are you fucking insane!" I shout after the boys tell me their grand idea. Fucking idiots, let me tell you.

"I thought you'd be excited about it." James says carefully.

"Be excited to sign my fucking death sentence? I don't fucking think so!"

"Sirius, talk your girl down a little." James mumbles.

"Uh- dude if she doesn't think it's a good idea, maybe it's not." Sirius mumbles to his friends.

"What? No way! You can't take her side on this." James says disapproving to Sirius. "Come on man, this is a brilliant idea and we have to do it."

"It's completely stupid, James." I add. The only response I get is a glare before he turns back to Sirius.

"Come on, it's not as bad as she's saying. Plus it'll be so funny and she'll never know it was us." James says to Sirius. Remus hasn't said she anything but I can tell he's unsure of what to do.

Sirius glances to me and then back to James. "I guess you're right, she won't know it was us."

James pats him on the back excitedly, "there you go, welcome back Pads." He says to him. "Besides, with this one taking up residence in the snake pit, we have easy access inside."

"I never said I was helping." I say. James sighs dramatically.

"I thought you wanted to have fun." James says to me.

"I want to have fun, I don't want to sigh my death certificate."

"It's not that bad." James repeats himself.

"You don't think putting holes in all of her clothes is dangerous? You don't think putting hair dye in her shampoo is dangerous? You don't think releasing snakes in her room is dangerous? And you actually think she'll have no idea who did it?"

James looks at me bored before responding, "she won't find out it's us."

"They're all pranks you've done before." I say to him. Sirius frowns because I'm assuming he just realized that I'm right, and Remus steps closer.

"She's not wrong James, they are all things we've done before."

"Not you too, Moony? Come on..."

"We're not saying we shouldn't do anything, but maybe we should do something that we haven't already done? If you're so determined it be her."

"Oh it has to be her." James says, his voice sounds... almost like he want revenge. But for what?

"Okay then we need to think of something new."

"How about we.. trash her room and hide different traps. I've watched muggle comedy shows that have some pretty good ideas." Sirius pipes in, sending a glance towards me.

Oh, he can be so smart sometimes.

Kill two birds with one stone.

"I like it." I add.

James let's out a sigh before agreeing to the plan.

"Fine, what are the ideas? Because we're doing this now. You can't back out once you've agreed." James says, almost panicky. Like he thinks I don't actually want to do this anymore.

Boy is he wrong.

I want to pull pranks with them, and I'm honoured that they're letting me.

But I don't want to die because of it...

"I know James." I say to him, "I'm not going to bail."

"Good." James replies firmly, then his face lightens. "What's the plan?"