Researching Horcrux

"Lily I- I actually have to run. When Sirius gets back, can you let him know that I had some stuff to do and that I'll explain later?" I say as I rush to stand up and grab a muffin. I guess I'll eat on the way to the library.

"Uh yeah... sure. Is everything okay?" She asks me, eyeing me worridly.

"I'm good, I just have some things to take care of." I say to her. I hide the letter in my pocket, say goodbye to Lily and take off.

On the way to the library, I ate my muffin and try to get rid of the smile that's apparently permanent on my face right now. I can't remember the last time I felt needed. Regulus needs me to help him and that's making me excited.

Now I just have to figure out how to destroy a horcrux.

It sounds easier than it is.

In theory, you just grab all of the books you can on the topic, sit down at a table and spend your entire day researching and reading until you stumble across the answer.

Of course it's not that simple.

The books I need are in the restricted section which means I need Sirius' help. James has an invisibility cloak which will make getting into the restricted section easy. Then we need to sneak the books out of the library and study in Regulus's dorm room.

Not easy either.

Sneaking the books into the Slytherin common room and up to the dorm room without being seen by Bellatrix or Lucius.

I sit down at a table with a book and wait because I know once Sirius learns that I left Lily and have 'something to do' that he'll be too curious for his own good and come find me. I know he has some kind of map to find us. I saw it when I was in his room one time so he'll be able to find me easy.

-

Sirius's POV
After we finally got away from Marlene, we went back to the great hall to meet up with Everleigh and Lily.. but only Lily was there.

James sits down beside her and I sit across from her.

"Where's Everleigh?" Was the first thing I said to her. She rolls her eyes.

"She got a letter from someone and got all weird. She said to tell you she's got something to do and she'll explain later."

She got a letter.

I know who it's from. Of course it's from Regulus. Why else would she have acted weird?

Did he ask her to help him with something?

She must have, right?

"I'm going to find her. Do you know where she went?" I ask Lily.

"No, she didn't say."

"Okay. James, can I borrow your cloak? I have a strange feeling I'm going to need it."

"Go for it. It's in my trunk at the end of my bed." James says.

"Alright." I say before taking off to the common room without another word.

I grab the cloak and the map. I check the map and see that Everleigh is sitting in the library. What is she doing in the library? Great, I bet we have to sneak into the restricted section.

I start heading to the library and avoiding anyone who might start talking to me. I don't know what my brother asked her to do, but I'm not letting her do it on her own.

When I get to the library, she smiles at me like she knew I was coming.

Am I that predictable?