Wormtail's Truth

"We're going to give the truth serum to Peter? How are we going to do that? There's no way he'd take a drink from any of us." Remus asks me and James when we tell him, Sirius Lily our plan. We also had to fill Lily in on the fact that Peter is a death eater. She was extremely shocked, as were we all when we found out. I mean, Peter? He's so nice.. or at least he was. No one saw that coming.

"I bet you he'd accept it from one of the girls," James adds.

"Or we could just slip it in his drink at dinner. One of us can be under the cloak," Sirius adds. "And the girls can distract him or something."

"That could work," Remus says. "But he does know our charades. He might see it coming."

"So.. none of us should be there except for the one under the cloak so he thinks we're running late to dinner," James suggests. 

"That would work. Then you all walk in together and we start the questioning," Lily adds.

"Do we want to question him right there?" I ask.

"Yes," Sirius says flatly. "Who cares if someone hears."

"I mean, it's not our problem if the whole school finds out he's a snake," James adds.

"Okay but he's still Peter... you know? And what if his reasons make you understand his situation," I say, thinking back to the time I found out about Reggie.

"Everleigh's right, we can't do that." Remus speaks up first.

"We could always say we slipped truth serum in his drink and if he doesn't want the whole school to overhear what we're talking about, to follow us." Lily suggest. James smirks and Sirius and Remus exchange a glance.

"I think we've been a bad influence on you," James says. "That's a brilliant and evil idea."

"So we wait till he takes a sip, tell him that and then where do we go?" I ask them.

"Back to our dorm? Technically he still sleeps there." James suggests.

"Alright, let's go get some truth serum then." Sirius says excitedly. "How do we do that?"

"Steal it from Slughorn, of course." Remus says, James and Sirius both smirk and Lily's eyes widen in surprise.

"Wait, no! You can't be serious-"

"Oh, love. I am Sirius." Sirius says to her and she rolls her eyes.

"Fuck off with that," James mutters beside me and Remus chuckles.

"So you guys actually mean we're going to steal the potion from Slughorn?" Lily asks, still in shock. She's shaking her head no now.

"Lily, it's fine. We won't get caught because we have the cloak," James tells her as he walks over to her, "If you're worried about getting caught, we'll keep you out of that part but trust me, it's fun."

Lily takes a few moments to think about it while the rest of us plan how to move on to the next part of the plan.

"Fine, I'm in." Lily finally says.

"Good, you're going under the cloak with me and we're both going in the room," James says to her and her eyes widen again.

"Are you kidding me? No, no. I'm not going in there!"

"Of course you are," James says. "You just agreed. Trust me, it'll all be fine."

"No-"

"Lily, I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. Just trust me, would you?" James says to her, and she timidly nods her head.