Goodbye, Again.

Sirius came back in the morning when it was time for Regulus to go and me to return back to life. I dreaded it the entire morning as the two of us laid there. Both of us refusing to get out of bed because we knew what comes next once we did.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you two but it's time.." Sirius says when he sees the two of us laying in bed still.

"No." I say, wrapping my arms around Regulus like a little kid. "I'm not letting him leave."

Of course, I did get off of him but not without one more big hug. He hugged me tight and for as long as I wanted. When I decided that I was okay now, I let go of him and the two of us get out of bed. He throws on some new clothes from his closet and I just throw on the sweater he wore yesterday.

I notice Sirius already has the cloak. He must've went there first before coming here. Probably faster.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay, Reg?" Sirius asks him one last time before they left.

"I want to stay more than anything but it's not the right time yet." He replies, looking at me the entire time.

I nod my head, telling him that I understand and I'll see him soon. Regulus leans down, giving me one last kiss before he takes the cloak from his brother and puts it on.

"See you soon, my love." Reg whispers before leaving the room. Sirius sends me a sad look before saying, "I'll be back after."

"Meet me down in the great hall." I tell him. I refuse to be sad and alone this time. I'm going to the great hall to have breakfast with my friends. That way, I'll be too distracted to be sad.

After the two of them were gone, it didn't take long for Andromeda to come rushing in to make sure I'm okay. It was obvious that she didn't expect to see me getting my hair done and putting on my Hufflepuff robes, still wearing the hoodie underneath it.

"Good morning." She says as she awkwardly enters the room.

"Good morning," I reply. "Are you coming to the great hall for breakfast with me?"

"I can, yeah." She responds. It's very obvious she wants to ask how I am or how I'm so okay right now but she holds back. Thank god.

"Good, that's where I'm headed. Sirius said he'll meet me down there." I say. My voice steady and not giving away how shitty i'm feeling right now.

"Alright, I'm ready when you are." Andromeda says. "I'll just tell Ted we're having a change of seating today."

I turn around and smile at her. "Sounds great." I say.

Holding back tears and forcing myself to stay relaxed was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I figured with the amount of practice I've had, it would be no problem at all. Except sitting with my friends, looking at them and knowing Regulus should be here. It hurts. Especially knowing that he can't come back until things are safer, that he won't come back until things are safer.

"What's up with you today?" James asks me, nudging my arm to get my attention. "You're here but you're also a million miles away."

"I'm- yeah. I'm good. Just a little distracted I guess." I reply.

"That wasn't even a little believable." James says to me, "Want to try that one again?"

"No, i'm sticking with what I said." I say, a cheeky smile plastered on my face. James smirks and nods his head.

"Fine, be that way." He says bitterly but he was smiling. "Keep your secrets."

"I will."

Sirius eventually came back from making sure Regulus got away from here without being seen and joined us, sitting right next to me at the table. It wasn't long until Andromeda and Ted joined us too. It was a little weird at first. Our friends were very confused since Andromeda never really made an effort to speak to any of them, except for maybe Remus since they're together and James because him and Sirius are always together. Marlene was sitting with us too. Apparently she forgave the boys for their little prank now and decided to rejoin us. Lily and her have been chatting the entire time. It's nice to have her back with us.

Sirius lays his head on my shoulder while we watch Lily and James playfully argue about what is worth more of their time; Quiddich practice or actual school work. Of course James is saying quiddich practice is more important for him because that's what he wants to be when he's older, and he won't need school for that.

Lily definitely disagrees with that.

"This is a ridiculous argument, I obviously agree with James." Sirius says, butting in the middle of this. Lily glares at him and James reaches over for a high five.

"Well, I agree with Lily. Education is important for life. It doesn't matter if you think you won't need it." Remus adds.

"Thank you Remus." Lily says, throwing her arms up dramatically.

"I agree with James too, sorry Lily but school is torture." Marlene adds, sending an apologetic look to her friend as she high fives James and Sirius.

"Of course you would say that school isn't important. I bet you two aren't even doing your work." Andromeda says to James and Sirius, then turns to Marlene. "I don't know you, but if you're anything like these two."

"So you agree with us?" Remus asks Andromeda.

"Yes, school is important. If you didn't go, you wouldn't know anything."

"I agree with her too." Ted adds.

They all turn to me and I immediately shake my head. "No way, I'm not choosing a side."

"You have to!" Lily says.

"If you don't pick, we lost." James adds.

"That's assuming she'd pick your side." Andromeda says to James.

"Of course she's picking our side. When was the last time you saw her go to class?" Sirius adds.

"He does have a point." Remus says, "You never go to class anymore."

"Yeah, well... haven't really felt like it lately." I say. "If I have to choose, I'm with the boys and Marlene. School is a waste of time. I learned everything I can about what I want to be in the future from my father."

James, Sirius and Marlene all high five me and celebrate. Lily looks utterly ticked off while the rest of them don't seem to care. She clearly took this very seriously.

"So we're tied..." Lily mumbles.

"Suppose so, Evans." Sirius says to her. "Don't worry though. At least half of us agree that school is important."

Lily rolls her eyes at him and goes back to her school work.

This morning I was worried about breaking down in front of everyone and now i'm laughing with them and my mind isn't racing with worry and questions. At least for the moment it's not.