Riddle's Past 2

About an hour and a half of reading and I finally think I found something.

"A Hufflepuff cup." I mumble. Sirius looks up from his book, his expression is very bored. I'm surprised he's lasted this long. I thought for sure he'd give up by now.

"What are you on about?" He asks me, closing his book shut.

"Apparently his- I'm guessing it's his father, owned a cup. The Hufflepuff cup? Which makes no sense because I would've thought they were Slytherins."

"A Hufflepuff cup? That makes no sense." Sirius mutters.

"I know." I say, "and where would you even find it. It says the last person it belonged too was- it was Tom Riddle." 

"Where would he hide it?" Sirius asks. "A vault?"

"It would have to be somewhere he thinks no one would find it. He hid the necklace in a cave with a lot of enchantments so no one would find it."

"Great, so I guess we have to figure out a good hiding place for a fucking cup." Sirius says angrily. "Maybe we can check everyone's kitchens."

"Yeah, that would be a good place to start." I jokingly say.

"We are very fucked." Sirius mutters and I nod in agreement. "And unless you think my brother can magically check every single persons kitchen without being found."

"A cup." I laugh to myself. "A fucking cup."

"Did you find any other things that could be a horcrux?" Sirius asks me.

"How many do we think he made? I mean I know he's a psycho but to split your soul more than twice? Do we really think he did that more than two times?"

"I don't know what to think. Maybe he did it more than twice. He's insane enough to do it."

"Greedy." I correct him. "I think the correct word would be greedy, not insane."

"We can take that book out of here and you can keep reading it but we should get back to the snake pit. You can write to him and I- I can go if you want or I can stay there for a while with you."

"You don't have plans with Remus?" I ask him.

"No, no plans today." Sirius says to me. "He's busy studying with Lily for the NEWTS."

"Ah, right. Remus is very smart. He cares about his school." I say. "You can stay with me for a while. If you leave, I'll feel lonely."

Sirius smiles brightly and nods his head.

"Okay cool, thanks. I would hangout with James but he's been distracted lately. He's been no fun."

"Distracted with what?" I ask him as I put the book in my bag so the librarian doesn't see that we've taken it out of the restriction section.

"Him and Lily are fighting." Sirius says to me. "I don't know what it was about but he seems really stressed about it. He seems awkward around me too and I'm not sure what happened."

"Oh." I say. It's all I can say. "I wonder what happened."

"Me too. I'm so curious. They seemed like everything was fine between them but now they barely even look at each other."

"That's weird, they were fine when things were going down with you two and Marlene. She told me everything was fine between them but I guess not."

"He won't tell you though?" I ask him. We're now on our way to the Slytherin common room.

"No, I've asked him so many times but he won't tell me what happened."

"What if we find him and ask him to come with us. Maybe we can get him to talk to both of us." I suggest.