Chapter 6

• One Week Later •

"Alright! We have a little over one week left to prepare for Final Duels Day! Is anybody feeling nervous? Because I'm feeling kinda nervous."

Amity replied with soft smile. "I'm nervous, too. Don't worry."

Boscha spoke up, sitting next to Willow and having her arm around her.

Hunter had backed out of asking Willow out for the same reason that Luz and Amity agreed to stay separated.

He knew himself well enough to know that starting a relationship with all of the trauma still so prominent was a terrible idea.

But, in the process of waiting those six years, Boscha had shot her shot.

Now, there they were.

"Oh, right. You've got more to worry about, too."

"Not necessarily. It's just the "initiation" that I have to worry about. Assuming my parents are there in the first place."

Willow leaned against Boscha's side as she replied. "Why would they not go?"

Amity glanced away. "That's mainly if they're busy. But I know they still care, just, in a really weird way. I mean they sent an assistant to watch me while I'm at Luz's place, if that says anything."

Luz side-hugged Amity. Missing the looks of: "Wait, you guys live together?"

"But it's not a problem! One week and it'll be all good."

Amity directed a smile at Luz, who returned it, unconsciously moving their faces a bit closer. Before Boscha's aggravated voice cut in.

"Oh, Mother of Titan. Will you two get back together already?!"

Willow turned and gave Boscha a stern glare. "Boscha, don't be mean! They might not be ready."

"But they're ready to make goo-goo eyes at each other like that?"

"Didn't you think you weren't ready when we started going out?"

Boscha blushed as an image darted across her vision. One of her and Willow sharing their first kiss. "Th—That was different!"

Luz and Amity stared for a moment, but then gave each other a look. Sharing a conversation with just their eyes, before they both smiled mischievously in agreement.

By the time Boscha and Willow were done with their small argument, all four other witches turned their attention back to see Luz holding Amity on her lap, kissing her passionately.

The pair felt slightly self-conscious. But, they both thought this was hilarious. And it wasn't like they would protest to any opportunity to be affectionate with one another.

The pair pulled away quickly, so the four others only saw for a second. But it was long enough that they got the message from that alone.

Hunter rubbed the back of his neck. Looking at the ground. "Uh... How long?"

Luz held up eight fingers as Amity sheepishly went back to sitting next to her on the stairs. Everybody staring at them wide-eyed.

"I'm sorry. Do you mean eight weeks?"

Amity shook her head, tempted to hide her face behind her hand.

"No, months."

It was hard to keep talking with the looks being sent to them.

Boscha literally asked when they were getting back together, but, now that they knew they had, it was back to that prior nervousness.

Or, it was more them being pissed that they hadn't mentioned anything yet.