Chapter 11

• One Week Later •

Despite the anticipation for the day, when Luz and Amity initially woke up, they hardly reacted to it.

Well, until Amity had to get sick again.

As poorly as the explanation went, and as agonizing as the rest of the week was, there was still an incredible amount of relief attached to not having to hide anything related to Amity carrying.

Whenever Amity left the table quickly and rushed to the bathroom, nobody asked why, especially not when Luz went up to help her.

Explaining what happened with Sially took away some of the tension in favor of earning a few laughs. Especially when explaining why the other bedroom was actually such a mess.

They had no reason to cover up what they were doing with the room and why.

It was way nicer than they expected.

Amity had received plenty of messages from Odalia, all of which only made it clear that Alador was following through on his promise to not tell her anything.

Though, she only acknowledged one that was sent in the afternoon. One that actually made her laugh.

Odalia—
Remember we have the unification dinner tonight. It's at 6:30, don't be late.

Amity showed Luz while barely containing the rest of her laughter.

Luz grimaced a bit. "Does, does she actually think...?"

Amity only nodded.

"Clearly, if she's still sending this stuff after I've been gone for so long."

She shook her head. "Well, who cares? I already have plans tonight."

Luz blushed, letting out a short giggle and pulling Amity close. "Right. At least if she's occupied with the dinner she'll have less time to find us at the wedding?"

Amity nodded with a smile. "Exactly. Makes things a dozen times easier for us. Thanks, Odalia!"

Luz finally let out a laugh. Leaning forward to press a short kiss to Amity's lips and muttering something only she was meant to hear. "I can't wait to marry you."

Amity tightened the hug as her eyes turned glassy. "I can't wait to marry you, either. I love you."

Luz smiled, pressing a kiss to Amity's cheek and looking her in the eye.

"I love you both."

The walk there was nice enough, even if there was still a noticeable amount of nervousness.

Luz wanted Camila to have the space to process first. Starting a conversation about it wouldn't go anywhere helpful if Luz started it when Camila wasn't ready to talk about it.

There were numerous times when Camila appeared to want to reach out. But either lost her words, confidence, or desire to think about the subject.

Luz wouldn't push her.

Regardless of how much the silence between them hurt. Especially at the start of her own wedding day.

Amity was at least there to hold her close. Still refusing to forgive herself for everyone finding out like that to begin with. And Vee stood by, making her support obvious now that she was able to.

Now that she deemed it safe to, really.

This was the same building as before. With the same couple helping them host the wedding and reception.