Chapter 12

• One Week Later •

As much as Luz and Amity expected to feel nervous, they were mostly excited for the meetup.

Well, maybe "excited" was the wrong word.

They were just relieved to hopefully clear everything up with Lilith and Hooty, as they didn't exactly get the room to talk about it with everything else going on.

With everyone else's reactions, more like.

Edric contacted them often, and it was amazing to finally be able to gush about their excitement over the witchling to someone other than each other.

Alador had fairly sparse communication. But that was mostly because Amity was still figuring out what kind of relationship she wanted with him.

And because he was filing for divorce with Odalia.

Emira tried to keep consistent contact. But the fact that it was clearly forced only emphasized how worried she still was. In fact, it sometimes seemed as if she was outright upset or angry.

Their friends just avoided the topic all together.

They sincerely hoped that this would be the worst of it. As it was already hurting Amity a serious amount. Especially since she still considered herself at fault for the terrible way that both sides of the family and their friends found out.

Vee contacted them the most. Absolutely bursting with excitement the more the processed the fact that she was going to be an aunt. Camila joined her half of the time. Still plenty shocked, but clearly excited to be a grandmother.

Eda and King reached out, too. King was as excited as Vee, but also recognized that Luz and Amity were going to be busy once they started work. They mostly checked in to see how Amity was doing health wise.

Overall it was going a little better than they were expecting.

"Woah, that quick?"

Amity nodded.

They'd all opted to do lunch. But, since the market would be too crowded that day, they'd decided on a picnic somewhere more quiet.

"Yeah, she's been holding the position for decades, and I know how the whole building operates by heart, now."

Boscha hummed. "That makes a lot of since. How many years have you worked there. Again?"

Amity needed a moment to think about it. "Seven, I think...?"

"Uh, yeah, that makes sense."

Luz giggled, which put attention on her.

Willow looked next to Amity. "Wait, what classes are you gonna teach, Luz?"

Luz beamed. "Potions. I got certified in beast keeping as well, but Principal Bump said I could only do the one track for focus purposes. But I'm still gonna try and work extra hours with the healer for saving purposes."

Amity nodded to indicate that she would do the same.

Willow giggled. "You said that like you're going to take leave or something."

Everyone else went quiet at the glance the couple sent one another.

"Wait," She looked down. "Oh, right..."

Luz rubbed the back of her neck. "That's, kinda what we wanted to talk to you guys about."

Amity took her turn speaking. "So,"

All of them simultaneously knew that this was going somewhere serious.

They had been too afraid to voice their questions. Both not wanting to crowd them when they were likely overwhelmed, already. And not wanting to come across as insensitive on accident.