Chapter 11 - Pier and surprises

"Katie!" I heard Alex Shout. I looked up from the two pence machine and saw her looking frustratedly at the machine, her eyes big and her eyebrows were drawn in so the skin between them was wrinkled.

"What me love?" I asked walking over to her.

"I need more 2p's" she almost shouted.

"And what do you want me to do about it?" I loved winding her up, it was hilarious.

"Get me some more!"

"With what? My own money?!" I was trying so hard not to

"Ugh. Stop" she smiled, quickly glancing at me before turning her attention back to the machine.

"Get a pound out my bag"

"I was anyway, wasn't going to use my own money" I smirked at her before getting the pound and going to the big yellow machine to change it into 2p's.

"She's competitive isn't she" James chuckled from behind me, making me jump a little.

"Yeah" I laughed lightly, turning round in the queue to talk to him. I notice that he had his arms in his pockets and he was pushing his shoulders up into his neck like he was cold.

"Are you cold? Here take your coat back" I took off the coat and held it out to him.

"No,no. I'm fine" he said, shaking his head and taking his hands out of his pockets.

"No your not, your shivering. And I'm warm now, I'm getting a bit hot actually" I held it out more and pushed it into his chest.

"Okay fine" he smiled, taking it from me. "But if you get cold again then just say and you can have it back."

"Okay fine, if that'll make you take it." He grinned at me before pushing in front of me in the queue.

"Hey!" I yelled pulling at the hood of his coat. I could hear him trying to hold back his laughter.

"James, that's not fair! Moveeee" I pulled on his hood again, this time more violently. The next thing I knew I was on the floor, the fur from his hood in my hand.

"Are you okay?" He gasped, grabbing my hands and pulling me to my feet.

"What the hell happened?" I asked, a bit shaken up and confused.

"The fur on my hood is detachable, it must've come undone when you pulled on it"

"Oh right, sorry" I replied awkwardly, handing him back the fur.

"Don't apologise, you apologise way too much" he smiled. That's when I noticed his right hand was still holding my upper arm from pulling me off the floor. I stared at his hand on my arm, he noticed and pulled it away slow.

"Sorry" he looked embarrassed and glanced at the floor.

"No, it's fine" I smiled, he smiled back at me.

"Now who apologises too much" I smirked at him. He grinned and shoved me lightly.

-

We had been on the pier for about 20 minutes and I was freezing.

"Shall we find somewhere to have a coffee?" Alex asked shivering, wiping her eyes that were streaming from the wind.

"That sounds good" James smiled looking at me for my opinion. My phone began to ring, I got it out to see it was Sophie ringing.

"Give me one sec, it's sophie." I walked a couple of steps away before answering the phone.

"Heyyyyy" I grinned down the phone.