Chapter 19 - Moving in

Sophie pulled into the courtyard of her flat where all the residents park. She and her boyfriend had bought it for them to live in before they broke up. They decided that he'd find somewhere else to live and she'd stay in the apartment despite the break up. We'd joked on several occasions about me moving in with her, there was enough room to do so.

The front door opened into a hall area with a little table are with fake flowers placed on the surface. Me and Sophie both agreed that flowers were pretty but they just die so fresh flowers was just a waste on us because we always forgot to water them so they died within the first few days of them being in our possession.

Although it was a flat it went to two levels. To the right of the door when you entered was a stair case that then turned a corner. Upstairs there was two reasonably sized bedrooms with a bathroom between them.

Downstairs opposite the staircase was a door into the living room. The living room had big bay windows with a window seat. There was also a big fire place that rarely got used because Soph was too lazy to start out however, the place added a lot of character to the room. Opposite but slightly left of the door was big double doors that had glass panels that led into the big kitchen diner. The doors opened at the far left wall the side of the work surface facing you, the work surface spread around the left wall and the wall opposite to about half way down the room. In the middle of the room was an island with a breakfast bar to one side. To the right of the room was the dining table, large enough to seat 6 people, three either side.

"Welcome homeee" she smiled, opening the door and flinging her bag on a chair next to the door.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay" I said, following her into the kitchen and sliding onto a stool at the breakfast bar.

"You're welcome" She smiled, opening a kitchen cabinet grabbing two mugs and placing them on the counter. "I've told you several times you're welcome to stay as long as you want and need to, we've discussed for months about you moving in. Although this isn't exactly the best was of it happening" she placed a steaming cup of tea in front of me and sat opposite. I wrapped my icy fingers around the hot mug and took a sip, the steam gliding over my face as I did so.

"Soooooo, you've not told me much of what's happening with you and James" I looked down at my hands.

"That's because there isn't anything to say"

"As if" she laughed, checking her phone before placing it back onto the table. "He's been you're celebrity crush since year 7"

"And he still is" I laughed. "And it's crazy knowing him. But that's it, he's my celeb crush that I get to hang out with. How bloody cool is that" I shouted

"You're the envy of thousands of girls Catherine" she said raising her cup towards me and then taking a sip. She's called me Catherine now and again since the day she found out that was my full name. My phone started to ring.

"Helloooo" I heard a familiar voice say on the end of the phone.

"Why hello there Alex dearest, how are youuu?"

"I'm good" Alex replied. She rang me earlier when I was in the car with Sophie to see if I was okay so it was a surprise to hear from her again today.

"Sooo..." I prompted.

"So Brad got in touch with me"

"Oh my god, do tell. What happened?"

"Oh my Katie" she laughed over the line "He just asked when me and you were free so we can hang out at some point" 

"I still can't believe The bloody Vamps lead singer likes hanging out with us" I laughed

"RIP, tell me about it" she laughed gently. "Anyway" she continued, "When are you free so we can arrange when to meet Brad"

"Ermm" I said whilst thinking "I think I'm free all this week actually"

"Okay, cool. I'll get in touch with Brad and arrange a date."

"A date hmm?" I teased before laughing.

"I meant a date in the week not a romantic date ughhh" she moaned before joining in with my laughter.

"Okay, okay" I said

"Do you want to go get a cup of coffee and go shopping tomorrow" Alex asked

""Yeah that sounds good"

"Tomorrow? I could pick you up from Sophie's if you want?"

"Tomorrow's good, and yes please. If that's no trouble"

"No problem" she replied "I'll see you then"

"Okay byeee" I sang down the phone before hanging up.

-

Hi guys, so I'm really enjoying writing again. I hope you're enjoying reading as much as I like writing. I'm going to be updating regularly fro  now on hopefully. Sorry this chapter is a bit brief :)