Chapter 17 - confusion

Me and alex had got back to my place in the early hours on the morning and alex was way to tired and drunk to make her own way home, so she slept at mine.

I woke up and checked my phone for the time. The brightness of the screen made me squint. 11:30. Alex rolled over, stretching as she slowly woke up.

"What time is it?" She yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"11:30" I smiled tiredly at her.

"Ughhh" she groaned. "I need to go to work"

"What time is you shift?" I asked sitting up and leaning on the head board.

"1" she moaned. Pushing herself up into a sitting position.

"That means you have like 30 mins to tell me what happened with you and Brad when I was outside" I smirked at her. She looked down at her hands and let out a giggle.

"Tell meee" I demanded.

"Well we were just chatting with James before he went outside to find you. And then when he left, Brad bought me another drink and we started talking and found out we have a lot in common."

"Ooooooo" I grinned, raising my eyebrows.

"And then he told me that we, as in me and you" she smiled at me. "Should hang out with them more often"

"What can I say, were a delight" I flipped my hair and laughed. Alex laughed and then carried on.

"Then we started talking about relationships and we agreed on most things, like what we expect from our other halves and stuff like that."

"Ooooooo" I teased. She shoved me, her cheeks going a pale shade of pink.

"Anddddd" I pushed her for more.

"Andddddd." She continued "he was like 'hey we have a lot in common. Do you have whatsapp or something' so basically he now has my whatsapp" she grinned to herself. Grasping her hands in her lap.

"Alex you guy magnet. You go girl!" I laughed lightly shoving her knee lightly.

"Guy magnet? Are you seriously. He's just one person Katie" she laughed shoving me back "and we were both drunk"

"True" I nodded. Pushing my hair back and putting it in a loose ponytail.

"Anywayyyy" she laughed nudging me and raising her eyebrows.

"What?" I laughed at her eyebrows dancing around her forehead.

"So what's to gossip on you and James" she grinned in excitement on what I was going to say next. A wash of emotions passed through me. I became giddy at the memory of his lips on mine but also slightly downcast that he was drunk so probably didn't know what he was doing and was going to regret it this morning. That is if he remembers what happened last night.

Alex obviously saw the different emotions pass over my face because she rubbed my arm and took me into a hug. Her arms loosely round my torso.

"You don't have to tell me" she smiled at me letting me go the look in her eyes saying 'dont worry about it.'

I gave her a grateful smile then looked down at my hands fumbling with the corner of the pillow that I had pulled into my lap.

"Not being rude" she said standing up "but I really do have to go" I stood up and walked with her to the door, grabbing her an Apple and a chocolate bar for her to snack on.

"Thanks" she smiled as I handed her the food "you know me well" she laughed shoving it in her handbag.

"Well duhh" I smiled back.