CHAPTER 1 : Part 3

Bondita's p.o.v

"Bholi?"

She was sweating hard and panting heavily, her right hand on her chest and her left on her hips trying hard to level her uneven breathing. She tried talking to us between her pants. It's obvious that she's been running.

"Mahi... Mahila Ghar..."

"Kya hua Mahila Ghar mein? Sab log theek hai na?" I panicked and went near her to take her hand in mine, ignoring the protest of my burned feet.

"Police... Police aagayi hai!" she informed.

"Police? Kyun?" Barrister babu questioned.

She seemed guilty before speaking up.

"Woh... Unhe..." she hesitated.

"Bholi... Baat kya hai?" I insisted sternly.

"Unhe humare bhandagaar se kuch hathiyar aur... vispotak mile hai" she replied without looking up.

"Hathiyar?" Barrister babu whispered to himself before straightening his shoulders and giving her a stern look "Humare bhandagaar mein woh sab keise aagaye?"

Her eyes jolted up to meet his and she responded almost immediately.

"Humein nahi pata Sir babu! Hum sab khud hairan hai"

"Ap sabko jane bina woh cheezein bhandar mein keise aa sakti hai Bholi?!" Barrister babu seethed, showing his hands and eyes at her.

"Sir babu..." she fiddled with her hands and turned to me "Bondita yakeen karo humein nahi pata woh sab humare bhandagaar mein keise aaye"

"Dada... yeh mamla bohot hi gambhir lag raha hai... Yaad hai na, pichle hafte Governor ke office mein vispot huyi thi" Rudhira reasoned and her own eyes widened at her words.

"Anirudh" Baba adjusted his spectacle "Yeh Greenwood ka agla chal bhi toh ho sakta hai na?" Sasur Ji thought out loud.

"Hey Dugga Maa, pata nahi kya takleef hai iss angrez afsar ko! Jeena mushkil karke rakha hai humara!" KSJ shouted to himself.

Barrister babu seemed like thinking over Sasur Ji's words. Greenwood promised he wouldn't stoop that low again. Will he break his promise? Well, you can't trust an English officer but still...

"Bholi tum chalo mere sath" Barrister babu gestured and started walking towards the doorframe.

Bholi and I nodded at each other before I fisted my hands to bear my pain and prepared myself for walking when he interrupted.

"Bondita" he turned to pin me with an intimidating glare "Tum nahi aaogi"

"Kyun?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Tumhara pair jal gaya hai Bondita" he screamed and softened a little seeing my obvious disappointment "Tum theek se chal nahi sakte isiliye tum yahi rahoge... Pareshan mat ho, mein sambhalunga sab kuch"

With that, he nodded at Laya to keep an eye on me before turning to leave. I huffed and stamped my foot, wincing a little when it hurt.

"Bholi! Mein chalungi tumhare sath! Mujhe kahan jana hai kahan nahi jana hai, yeh faisla mein lungi!"

Announcing that, I straightened my shoulders and tried not to let my face show the protest of my burned leg. Being careful to not wince or even twitch my face, I started walking out confidently. When I passed him, he gave a frustrated sigh and ran a hand through his hair. The next thing I knew, I was up in the air holding to his shoulder for my dear life. He swept me up bridal style and stalked out of the house to the car. I was too surprised to even protest. When he kept me down beside the driver's seat, I made sure to give him a deadly glare. He stared at me for a second before replying.