CHAPTER 5 : Part 3

Yes, its an update.

And no, you're not dreaming. He he he...

It's a long read so happy reading!

Tapas's p.o.v

"Arre wah... Yeh tumhari hai?" I caressed the neck of the white pigeon perched up on a high wooden platform beside her.

"Ap kya lena chahenge, Babu Moshai?" she smiled through gritted teeth, ignoring my question altogether.

"Hmm... Kya lena chahiye mujhe? Jo kuch bhi mangun toh de denge?" I gave out a charming smile, still playing with the pigeon.

"Bechne hi toh lekar aayi hoon in saari cheezon ko" she gritted out yet again, that professional smile somehow not faltering at all.

"Nahi" I stopped focusing on the bird and turned to her, leaning myself onto the wooden table separating us "Paise dekar nahi lunga mein"

She raised an eyebrow – that smile still in place – and I let my fingers tug back a strand of hair behind her ear while continuing.

"Iss khubsurti ko keemat keise lagaun mein?"

Her smile snapped and her hand jolted up to break my fingers that still lingered on her cheek.

"Ah! Ah! Ah!" I squirmed in pain, inviting the attention of the crowd purposefully.

She let go of my hand at that and the smile reappeared.

"Apka tamasha khatam hua toh..." she gestured for me to get the hell out of her vision.

"Aise keise ja sakta hoon mein? Mein toh-"

I stopped abruptly when my eyes landed on the two people wandering about hand in hand. Scratch that, it was actually six. And stopping the conversation was my biggest mistake because now, Manaal was also looking at the six of them – the three Roy Chowdhary couples. Before I can even comprehend what was happening, Manaal has already written something on a piece of cloth and tied it on the pigeon's leg. Before I could stop it from getting away, it flew for the message to be delivered. I glowered at Manaal with utmost fury. Who the hell does she think she is?!

"Tum-"

As much as I like to stay there and wipe that smug look off her face, I realize I should hurry and get the Roy Chowdharys to the safety of their home. So, with a this-is-not-over-yet look to Manaal, I ran in their direction.

When I finally found their location, I saw Senior and Barrister babu feeding Roshogullas to each other in a sweet stall.

"Pati babu!" Bondita whined when Senior faked he was about to feed her but ate the Roshogulla himself.

Senior just laughed and Bondita then did her iconic blow-face in response. Senior stared at her lovingly before presenting a whole handi before her nose. She beamed and snatched it from him, ravishing the pot eagerly. Senior just stared at her in adoration the whole time. She stuck the last Roshogulla into Senior's mouth as a token of love and while he struggled to swallow it, placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

Ugh! I just want to puke! I'm not looking in that direction again. So I turned to my right and there stood Mr and Mrs Somnath Roy Chowdhary.

"Som babu!" Laya was yelling at a zoned out Somnath to get back his attention.

"Huh?" Luckily, he snapped out of it.

"Ap sun bhi rahe ho ki mein kya keh rahi hoon?" she challenged him.