CHAPTER 2 : REVOLTING AND EVOLVING

Jessica's p.o.v

I slammed the file shut in frustration. This case was literally eating off my head. It's pretty hard to get genuine cases. And when you're a British citizen – especially with my second name – all you get are clients who are greedy, cunning - people of your kind, mostly at the wrong side. There are days I felt like snapping one's head while dislocating another's limbs! Everything was so frustrating!

"Hey Kanha Ji!"

A loud sigh snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see Prof Bri taking off his Homburg hat and shrugging off his trench coat. With the collars of his coat held high and the hat covering his forehead completely, nobody can recognize him in a crowd. And seeing him like that, I knew he was out for a stroll in disguise.

"Good evening, Prof Bri" I smiled up at him.

"Evening, Jessica" he replied tiredly.

"Want some tea?"

"Love to"

He placed his trench coat on the back of the sofa and plopped down beside me, running a hand through his black suit.

"Mary! Can we get some tea, please?" I requested out loud and turned to him "I assume it's not yet time for the people here to know your identity" I stated.

"No way! There's no way I'm going to do that myself" he chuckled darkly.

"Have you met them yet?"

"No, not yet... I know it's high time I do that but they're quite busy with their lives. And this is something that needs great attention. So -"

"You're still nervous about this, aren't you?" I smirked.

"What? No!"

He squirmed in his seat, not looking me in the eye.

"Mr Bri" I held his hand in an effort to comfort him "Why don't you go and meet Bond and Mr RC? I'm sure they'll solve this problem within minutes. The people here love and respect them a lot. They'll put you out of your misery for sure..." I held back my hand and pointed at his coat and hat "And you can forever bid goodbye to this disguise of yours too" I smiled.

"Yeah, whatever. Hey, I have something for you" he changed the topic, taking out something from his suit pocket "There you go" he smiled wryly.

I groaned at the sight of paper and whined.

"Not again"

He shrugged and I took it from him. A long sigh escaped my lips at the sight of the ticket in my hand. Ever since Jean came here, this has been a routine – well, boring routine – for us. He would book a ticket to London every week, only in vain. I don't understand why he keeps on doing it when he knows I won't go back with him. It's simply a waste of money!

"Why isn't he stopping?" I yelled at myself.

"May be he's believing in you a bit too much" Mr Bri shrugged.

"Don't! Don't you speak on behalf of him! Not to me" I showed a finger and warned.

He showed his hands in defeat and slumped to his seat.

"And don't you run away from accepting the reality either, Josie"

At the sound of my brother, I nearly cringed. There we go with the lecture again! This never gets old.

"I'm not running away from anything, brother" I smiled over-sweetly.

"Of course you are!" he came to us and sat down on the smaller couch beside ours "You're in this dreamland thinking that man loves you! Snap out of it sister! That isn't reality"