CHAPTER 5 : Part 4

Yes, I'm alive.

Thank you for not cursing me (you didn't, did you? *giving my best imitation of puppy eyes*)

P.s.: Important announcement below (um... kinda?)

---------------------------------

Anirudh's p.o.v

"Ji, Birendra babu mein apko aj raat se pehle hi bata dunga"

"Thoda jaldi karna beta" his pushing voice sounded from phone.

I rolled my eyes.

"Haan haan dekhte hai na... Mein apko raat se pehle hi bata dunga. Rakhta hoon"

I slammed the phone back and sighed heavily. Baba came up with this case only yesterday. Going through the details, I don't think he's told me the whole story – which mostly means he is on the wrong side. Moreover, the hearing of his case might clash with one of my other  – one which should see the light of the day by all means. And I'll make sure of it. So before taking up this case, I need to do dome digging on Birendra babu. And I'll have to do that before the night. I should probably go and see Jahangir.

"Kya hua?" Bondita's light prodding voice reached my ears.

I looked ahead to see her standing by the door frame with a plate in her hand. Curiousness tinkled in her eyes. That's probably my lunch. I was so engrossed in work today that I forgot to eat.

"Birendra babu" I muttered and settled lazily onto my seat.

"Kya ap woh case lene maan gaye?" she walked towards me.

"Abhi tak nahi" I took my pen and continued my editing on the case report "Lekin aj raat se pehle unhe batana hoga"

"Apko unpar shak hai?" she placed the plate of food on the table and stood beside me.

I shrugged, still working on the report.

"Unke bare mein aur jaanna hoga. Uske baad hi mein kuch faisla le paunga"

"Shaam teen baje hogaye hai. Agar ap Jahangir se mil bhi gaye toh raat se pehle woh jaanch keise poora karega?" she voiced her thought.

"Pata hai Bondita, samay bohot kam hai" I discarded the pen and leaned back on my chair, rubbing my eyes tiredly "Lekin keise bhi karke aj hi yeh khatam karna hai"

Her warm fingers curled in my hair comfortingly and I realize with a beam that she's now standing behind me, massaging my scalp. I sighed contently, my eyes closed in relief.

"Toh ap Jahangir se milne ja rahe hai?"

"Hmm"

"Office mein?"

"Nahi. Woh office mein nahi hoga. Uske ghar jana hoga"

That's when I remembered it. I snatched her fingers and turned around apologetically.

"Bondita! Tumhara mukadma ki sunayi keise gayi? In sabke beech mein mein bhool gaya. Jeet gayi na, Barrister babu Bondita?"

She ruffled my hair, a mischievous smile playing at her lips.

"Apki shishya kabhi haar sakti hai?"

I just grinned back in response. She walked back to her position beside me.

"Jeet gayi apki Bondita. Isiliye ap woh baat chodiye aur..." she took the plate, tore a piece of Luchi, dipped it in the curry and extended it to me "jaldi jaldi khaana khaayiye. Apko Jahangir se milne jana hai. Khaane ke baad hi mein apko iss ghar se bahar jane dungi"