CHAPTER 2 : Part 3

Bondita's p.o.v

"Don't go there! How many times should we tell you to stay near?!"The officer barked for the tenth time in the five minutes we've been here in the warehouse for our search. 

Barrister babu gave him that deadly glare for the hundredth time since they met today and I know there's more to that glare this time.

"Officer..." he pulled himself to him "If I'm right, you are here to keep an eye on us. To be more precise, you should be following us around when we move. But look at you! You are just sitting there and spitting commands at us! That isn't the rule, mister!"

"And who the hell are you to teach me rules?!" The officer got up and glared back.

"Barrister Anirudh Roy Chowdhary" Barrister babu crossed his arms and gave him a challenging look.

"Gentlemen, please..." I interrupted before the situation will escalate out of hand.

With a light shove on Barrister babu's chest and a retreating look towards the officer, I managed to succeed in my attempt.

"Hum yahan saboot dhundne aaye hai Barrister babu. Humare paas sirf do ghante hai. Agar ap uss Officer ko ghoorke aur unse ladke usmein se ek ghanta barbaad karna chahte hai toh theek hai! Baaki ek ghante mein khoj phir se shuru karenge hum" I crossed my hands and gave a look to Barrister babu.

He glowered back at that officer for his peace of mind for a good two minutes before scrambling back to the corners of the room. I shook my head and continued with my work. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Badal and Ramaiyya didi assisting us with our work. We searched for anything and everything that could give us a clue as to what exactly happened here. But unfortunately, even after one hour of our search, we couldn't find anything worth our time. I was almost losing my hopes when I saw a tiny statue of Dugga Maa in a corner. I mentally prayed to her to give us slightest of a clue and just like that, my feet graced through something so small. I looked down to retrieve a not-so-fancy handmade bracelet. It was made of a fine white thread and fading colourful beads, not at all professional. My admiring time with the bracelet stopped when Barrister babu took it from me and examined himself.

"Yeh ap mein se kisi ka hai?" he enquired with the others.

"Meine toh ise kahi nahi dekha hai... Lekin phir bhi andar jake ek baar sabse puch lete hai, Sir babu" Ramaiyya didi replied.

Barrister babu glanced down at the bracelet for once and then nodded his head.

"Chalo phir"

When we entered inside, Bholi managed to call every member there to the living room. Everyone rounded us while Barrister babu and I stood in the entrance with the bracelet in his hand. When the room fell silent and expectant faces glanced at us alternatively, he held up the bracelet in his right hand and stared back to the group.

"Yeh ap mein se kisi ka hai?"

They all glanced around confused and some of them shook their heads in a no. He continued anyhow.

"Agar ap mein se kisi ka hai toh please aage aa jayiye"

Nobody moved or even blinked. Everyone glanced around them for someone to come forward. I was positive it was somebody outside's when suddenly, Abhi came forward and jumped for the bracelet. Barrister babu squatted down and he stopped abruptly.

"Kya hua Abhi? Bracelet chahiye tumhe?" he enquired softly.

"Yeh apke hath mein kyun hai?" he pouted childishly.