Ambitions

Despite Zim's attempt at coming home early to keep an eye on GIR, he'd already cracked the tv screen when playing tag with mini moose. "GIR!" Yelled Zim when he stepped into the house. GIR turned to face his master. "Yes mastah?" He said. "Did you do this?" Said Zim, pointing to the tv. GIR giggled. "That was the seeeaaaaa monster! Don't tell him it was me though!" Said GIR. He danced out of the room, chasing after mini moose. Zim stared in that direction with a lingering grimace. "Computer, fix the tv." Said Zim. There was a clicking and the TV was pulled up through the ceiling. Zim proceeded to the kitchen, stepping into the toilet. With a flush he was pushed into the elevator that lead him to his secret underground lab. Once down he sat in the padded pink chair in front of his five different monitors. "Well... Now what?" Said Zim. Now that he wasn't taking over the world, he had little to do. What could entertain him? He snapped. That's it! What did humans do for entertainment? What ever they did Zim could try out. After all, he was stuck on this planet. "Computer, bring up a search on human entertainment!" Said Zim. The screens brought up all possible information on anything Zim could do for "fun" as the humans called it. There were things like where to go and different types of art or hair styles. Zim didn't even have hair. "Boooooring! What do most humans look forward to in this world?" Said Zim. "Most try to accomplish their dreams." Said the computer's electronic voice. "Dreams? I had those once." Said Zim. "Maybe you need a new one." Said the computer. "Well what would my dream be? What are humans' dreams like?" Said Zim. "Most are about careers. Some wish to do things for good." Said the computer. "Good? What do you mean good?" Said Zim. "Help others or bring justice." Said the computer. "Can I go now?" "Bring justice how?" Said Zim curiously. "Stop people who hurt others." Said the computer lazily. "So... All along the Dib was... Being good? He wasn't doing so to destroy my dreams?" Said Zim. "Nope. He was just trying to do what's right." Said the computer. "Oh." A wave of guilt swept over Zim. All this time he'd assumed Dib did it so be a jerk and hurt Zim. He was just trying to protect his people. If Zim was never trying to take over the world in the first place, maybe it would have started out this way. As if reading his mind, the computer spoke surprisingly comforting words. "Oh come on. If things hadn't been the way it is, everything would be different. Things are the way they are for a reason." "You mean like, oh what's it called... Destiny?" Said Zim, snapping his fingers. "Yes, that's one way to put it." Zim laughed feebly. "As if! There is no such thing as destiny! It's just a stupid term humans use for sentimental purposes." He said, waving his hand. "Suite yourself." Said the computer. "What's that supposed to mean? Are you questioning my authority?" Said Zim. "No." Said the computer simply. Zim huffed and crossed his arms. "Enough of this silly conversation. Bring me to the rest dorm." Said Zim. "But sir, you do not need to sleep-" "Do you question me? I wish to sleep! I have no other work to do!" Said Zim. The computer obliged and the chair he had sat on moved aside, dropping him through a chute that lead to a large bed, one that one of Zim's size could easily be lost in. Zim sighed and crawled under the blankets of said bed. It wasn't long till he fell asleep.

Sorry for not posting in so long! I've been busy with writing a script for a Zadr comic which I will post on deviant art. But thanks for all the votes and views! I really appreciate it!