Destiny

Zim and Dib were lying on the hill overlooking the city. It was late at night, the sky was dotted with beautiful stars, and not a single cloud was in sight.
"You know, I'm starting to like the way destiny placed us." Said Zim, looking to the sky.
Dib turned his head toward the boy, confused.
"I thought you didn't believe in destiny?" He said, referring to something Zim had told him long ago.
"No, not before. But now Zim sees. I see that there had to be a reason that the tallests sent me to this planet rather than another. And there's no way is being in the same town was a coincidence. There had to be a reason." Dib smiled and grabbed Zim's hand.
"I really like the way destiny put us too."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"And now, here we have Zim... Uh... Whatever his last name is, for his graduation speech."
The crowd clapped boredly as Zim walked up to the podium, smiling at the attention and thanking the crowd.
"Yes, yes, thank you." He said, arriving at his destination. He adjusted the microphone and began to speak.
"Hello, fellow humans. I am Zim. You may have heard me say this a few times. I am proud to say this. There are so many positive things associated with it. I am proud of who I am. Today I have you here to say a few things. Some things I've realized recently. When I first arrived here, I thought this place was terrible and disgusting. And I'm not wrong. Because Zim is always RIIIIGHT! But recently I've noticed something else. There is hope. And there is beauty. So, while the world is very ugly, there is some beauty. And a lot of hope for you people." Zim turned his head to glance at Dib momentarily and smile before looking back to his audience and continuing.
"My point is, people may tell you that you are worthless. That you are nothing. Do not listen to them. They are probably wrong. Unless I said it. Then it's probably right. But never give up. Because you don't know what destiny has in mind for you. You won't know till you get there." Zim finished, starring back to Dib and smiling. The crowd stood awestruck and moved, clapping for him.
Zim took his place back next to Dib and smiled.
"That was beautiful." Dib whispered.
"I know." Said Zim, smiling proudly.
"Ladies and gentlemen," the voice boomed over the crowd, "the class of 2090!"
And the hats flew into the air ceremoniously as the crowd cheered and children yelled happily.
And Dib looked to his ecstatic boyfriend and grabbed his waist. And he dipped him down. And he kissed him.
And when they parted, Dib spoke.
"It really doesn't matter what happens from here on though-" and Zim finished his sentence with a smile.
"- as long as I've got you."

And although their story is ending, a new one was just beginning for them.

The story of their lives.

The End

And there it is! Wow, I can't believe I finished that whole story! I hope you guys enjoyed it!