5

"Wilbur, your never going to believe what I found!" You heard Tommy shout from the stairwell in the corner of the cave. When his head poked around the corner, he was visibly disappointed that it had been you standing in the doorway, and not Wilbur.

"Oh. It's you." He said rolling his eyes.

"What is your problem with me?" You asked, moving to the middle of the room.

"I don't have a problem with you." He was obviously lying.

"Well whatever your issue is, you had better figure it out soon, because until I figure out how to get back, I'm stuck here with you." You clapped a hand over your mouth. You hadn't meant to say that. You hadn't wanted to tell them about where you had come from. Hell, you weren't even sure, so why drag them into it when you were certain they would think you are crazy?

Tommy raised an eyebrow. "Get back where?"

You ignored his question and pushed past him, going towards the stairs.

"NO!"

He grabbed the back of your shirt and pulled you backwards, making you trip. You watched his eyes grow wide as you lost your balance and fell backwards. You braced yourself to hit the ground, but you never did. Instead, you felt strong arms wrap around your middle, catching you.

"What the hell was that, Tommy!?" You heard Wilbur shout from behind you. You felt your stomach erupt in butterflies as he helped set you back up on your feet.

"It's not like I meant to throw her!"

"You have to get over the fact that she's a woman! She's staying here with us, and you need to accept that!"

You stood staring at the floor, feeling your face heat up,

"It's not that she's a woman, it's that she's not her!"

"Tommy, she's not coming back! She left, and now she's gone!" Wilbur shouted.

You were surprised to see Tommy turn around, bringing his hands to his eyes. He was crying. You moved towards him and lightly rested a hand on his shoulder. He flinched, and tensed beneath your touch, but he didn't move away, so you left it there.

"I'm so sorry, Tommy. I had no idea." You said softly.

"How could you have. It's not like you were there."

He didn't sound mean when he said that, just sad. He was hurt, and there wasn't anything you could say to comfort him. You took your hand off of his shoulder and turned to Wilbur, giving him a look. He nodded.

"Tommy, we've been given permission to get our things from L'Manburg. I expect we'll be leaving in a few minutes."

Tommy turned around, the whites in his eyes a light pink. This seemed to cheer him up a bit.

"I think I know of a place to put it." Tommy said, gesturing to the stairs.

Wilbur walked over to them, disappearing around the corner. You stayed where you were, looking at Tommy.

He gave you a small grin. "I'll try not to throw you again."

He turned the corner, and you followed.

You were immediately struck with how steep the steps were. They were made of wood, and went on for a while before they opened up into a ravine. The cavern was huge. It had the same stale smell as the cave, but it was less noticeable. There were bridges that criss crossed the cavern, leading to you to the bottom of the ravine. Looking up, the rock walls towered over you. It looked like it had been inhabited by someone before you, and from the miscellaneous items strung around, it hadn't been too long ago.

At the end of the tunnel, there was a lit up room. The three of you moved ever so quietly towards it. When you walked inside, there was an indoor farm. You didn't recognize the plant, but it spread in abundance in the massive room.

"Potatoes." Wilbur whispered, pulling out his axe, and just in time. He turned around and was met with the blade of a sword. He quickly blocked the blade, pushing it away, only to block another blow.

Your eyes followed the blade and they were met with a figure draped in a red cloak. He had a mask of bone, and long, pink hair that had been pulled back into a plait. You watched as he and Wilbur fought. Despite the man's strength and agility, they were pretty evenly matched. It was like they had done this before.

They danced around the room, blocking the other's blows. You had taken a few steps and hidden behind Tommy, despite his attempts to hide behind you. The fight went on for a few minutes before the man was able to knock the axe out of Wilbur's hands, throwing him to the floor. The man stood over Wilbur, staring him in the eye. To your surprise, Wilbur stared back, not cowering away, but asserting his dominance.

The two broke out in laughter, and the man reached out his hand, taking Wilbur's and pulling him up. You looked at Tommy, catching his eye, looking as equally confused.

"Long time no see, brother." The man said, taking off his bone mask. His skin was a darker shade of pink than his hair, but he still had a face that resembled a human's. The difference being his upturned nose and small tusks.

"Hallo, Techno." Wilbur said, thwacking the man's arm.