23

A knock on your door broke you away from your book. You had been crying, so you quickly wiped your tears before weakly calling out to the knock.

"Come in." You said quietly.

The door opened and a figure stood in your doorway. Your heart jumped when you realized it was Wilbur. He stood leaned against the doorframe, looking just as stunning as he did that night under the moon.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey yourself." You sniffed.

His brows furrowed, and he frowned. "Are you crying?"

You gestured to the book in your hand. His expression lightened and he looked relieved.

"Would it be okay if I stayed in here tonight?" He made eye contact with you, not looking away, but not moving away from the doorway either. He simply stood in the doorway, staring into your eyes. You nearly gasped, seemingly drowning in his gaze, fighting desperately for air. It took a moment for you to regain your thoughts and breath. Wilbur saw this and chuckled, causing your face to heat up.

"Tubbo is staying with Tommy, and he was pretty angry. I want to give him space. It's fine if not, I can bunk with Techno. I just thought I'd ask."

You smiled and patted the space next to you. He moved into the room, pulling the door shut behind him with a quiet click. You couldn't wipe the smile off your face as he climbed onto your bed, sitting awkwardly in front of you. He couldn't cross his legs because of how long they were, and how little room he had.

"Oh, here." You said as you shifted from your spot on the middle of the bed to sit closer to the headboard. He chuckled and crossed his legs, sitting in front of you. You fiddled with the sleeves of the sweatshirt he gave you before Wilbur leaned in, closing the gap between you. His lips tasted faintly of something sweet. He smiled into the kiss before breaking contact, not moving more than an inch away.

"Hi." He giggled.

"Why hello there." You grinned, kissing him again. Your hands moved to his chest, and you could feel his heart racing. You felt him shift before he placed his hands on your shoulders, gently pushing you backwards. You groaned slightly before realizing that he was over you. He  seemed to realize this as well because he laughed, moving to lay next to you, his ear to your chest.

"Your heartbeat hasn't slowed down." He pointed out.

"Yeah, you seem to have that effect on me." You joked.

"Good." He giggled again. You couldn't help but notice how adorable and warm his little giggles were. This no doubt sent your heart into a flurry. You absentmindedly ran your fingers through his hair.

"Good lord if you don't calm down, you may have a heart attack." He pulled you further down the bed, covering the both of you with the covers before spooning you. His arms wrapped around you, and you snuggled into his chest, listening to his breathing. It eventually slowed, indicating that he had fallen asleep.

He drove you crazy. He made your heart sing. He made your stomach do flips. He made you feel like you were on fire, and he made you feel like you were drowning. If this is what being with Wilbur did to you, then maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if you got used to it. After all, the flames weren't that hot, and the water wasn't too deep. You could be this happy for the rest of time.