21

Technoblade joined the rest of the group at the table, sitting in an empty chair, crossing his arms. "So a traitor, huh?"

Wilbur sighed and sat back down next to you. "I think he's just trying to mess with us. Trying to break us apart."

"Why would he do that?" Niki asked from the floor. Quackity was still unconscious. He had passed out before Dream had even dropped him. Niki was tending to his wounds, kneeling over his crumpled shape on the cold stone floor.

"Well isn't that obvious?" You looked up at Wilbur as he spoke. The fire was back, dancing behind his brown eyes that gazed over the group, but the flame was not as strong. You quickly turned your gaze back to Niki and Quackity. "He realizes that Schlatt has no one standing behind him. Schlatt's only got Dream, and the only reason he does is because of his silly little deal!"

"Even so, maybe starting a war isn't the best idea..." Tommy's voice trailed off.

"And why is that?" Wilbur demanded. Tommy said nothing. He simply stared at the floor.

"I have to agree with Wilbur on this one. We've been through too much to give up now." Tubbo added.

"Fine. Start a war just because you think you can win. Fine by me, but don't come crying to me when we lose. I'll fight alongside you, but not because I want to. I'll do it because that's what family does." Tommy spat. He stood up from the table and walked into his room, slamming the door behind him.

Fundy never moved from his place on the stairs. He never gave his input as the group discussed the finer details of the war. He just sat quietly in the shadows, watching. You felt kind of bad for him. You could tell he was trying to make peace with Wilbur, but he didn't quite know how. He was doing everything he could to show that he was sorry, but anything he tried was rejected by the one person he adored most. Wilbur. You had only just met Fundy, but you could tell just by the way he looked at Will that he admired him.

From the floor, Quackity finally started to stir. He sat up, a hand immediately drifting up to his temples. He had to squint, even though the lights in the cave were dim. "What the hell happened...?" He croaked. Niki gently rubbed his arm.

"You were thrown off a bridge, and Wilbur declared war on Dream. God, keep up." Tubbo sassed as he rolled his eyes, standing up from the table and going into Tommy's room. You heard the door quietly click shut.

Niki sighed. "I should be getting back to Manburg." She quietly pushed herself up from the floor.

"Would you mind taking the other two with you?" Wilbur asked, gesturing to Fundy and Quackity. Looking back up at him, the flame was gone.

"Of course." She smiled sweetly, helping Quackity get up. Fundy got up from his seat on the steps as well, but he waited for Niki and Quackity before he started back up the stairs, leading the others out. You couldn't help but notice him cast one last look at Wilbur before leaving, his eyes quiet and sad.