8

You awake the next morning to see your bow and quiver leaned against the wall. You smiled. You had forgotten about it. You climb out of bed and slip back into your regular clothes, laying Wilbur's sweatshirt back on the bed. You pick up your bow and arrows before walking out into the main cavern.

There now sat a table and chairs off to the side of the wall, where Tommy sat.

"Come on, child. We're going hunting."

"Whyyyyyyyyyyy!" Tommy whined, crossing his arms.

You roll your eyes. "I mean unless you want to eat potatoes for the rest of time..."

He jumped up from the table, grabbing an axe. You started climbing through the stairs and bridges across the canyon, Tommy following suit. Bursting into the clean outside air, you take a moment to let your eyes adjust to the light. Then with Tommy by your side, you both head out into the forest in front of you.

You walked along in a silence for a while, listening to the birds chirp above you, the sun beating on your back. Your footsteps fell quietly in the fallen leaves on the ground, while Tommy's footsteps fell loud and harsh.

"So where do you come from?" Tommy asked, breaking the silence.

"Good question." You paused. "The last thing I remember before being on that stage was staring at the desolate city." You decided you wouldn't tell him how the city looked, broken and burned to the ground.

Tommy's eyebrows furrowed. "Desolate?"

You smiled. "I mean like, the city was empty and abandoned." It was a half truth.

"So you teleported? Like an enderman?" Tommy said looking at you, eyes wide.

"Well, I think I teleported through time, not not space." You laughed at his boyish attitude.

"So... your from the future?"

"I'm not sure. I might be." You said, watching his face light up. He reminded you of the children back at the orphanage, sitting wide eyed, listening to your stories in a circle around you.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see a wild boar. You grabbed Tommy's arm.

"OI-" You put your hand over his mouth and pointed to the boar. He slowly nodded and you lowered your hand, loading your bow. You had done this hundreds of times before. Taking a deep inhale and aiming the arrow, you you let the string go. The arrow drove right into the heart of the bow, killing it instantly.

Dragging the boar back was the hard part. You both stumbled a few times before falling into a rhythm, and dragging the boar became easier.

"So how long before you leave us and go back to the future?" Tommy asked sadly. You looked over at him and saw a look you didn't quite understand painted on his face.

"I don't know how I got here, let alone how to get back. You don't have anything to worry about." You said. His face lightened a little, but still frowning.

"Do you think Techno will eat this?" He asked.

You laughed. "If he knows what's good for him he will." You jokingly threaten, making Tommy laugh as well.

"Yeah, I'd like to see you try to fight against my brother. I'd be scraping your body off the floor." Tommy joked.

"Good to see you have so much confidence in me." You smiled.

"Well, maybe you would have a chance if you were using ranged weapons, but hand to hand? Nuh-uh." He corrected himself.

You reached the cave and left the carcass outside. Your watch showed it was about lunch. You and Tommy reached the bottom of the ravine, seeing Wilbur, Tubbo, and Techno sat at the table. They hadn't notice you had come in.

Wilbur stood up. "We've gotta get it back! I cant just sit here while Schlatt terrorizes the land we poured our blood, sweat, and tears into! We fought a war for that country!" He shouted, his voice echoing off the cavern walls.

Tubbo shook his head. "Will, we lost the election, and you got exiled. What is there for us to do?"

After a prolonged silence, it was Techno that spoke this time. "We start an uprising against Schlatt. We bring down the government." He said calmly, almost unfazed, like the answer was obvious.

You motioned for Tommy to follow you to the table.

"Where the hell have you been?" Tubbo asked, his tone surprising you.

Tommy started to explain, but was stuttering so bad that no one could understand anything he said.

You sighed. "We went hunting. I'm tired of eating potatoes." Techno rolled his eyes.

And so, the planning began. Tubbo offered to talk to the people who were loyal to L'Manburg, but he wasn't all sure who those people were, so Wilbur scratched out a list and handed it to him.

You found out a few thing about the people around you. First, you discovered that Techno was an anarchist, and hated any form of government. You found out that Wilbur had a son, Fundy, and that Tommy had traded a life, and an important disc to end the war for L'Manburg's independence. But underneath all of the trauma and pain, you saw a family. You saw people who were strong and determined. People who were protective and capable.

You went to bed that night glad you had ended up in pogtopia, and you admired how devoted to the nation the people around you were.