14

You changed into your clothes, brushing your fingers through hair and wiping away the sleep from your face. Once you had finished lacing your boots, you stepped out into the cavern, seeing Tommy sitting cross legged on top of the table. Tubbo sat in the chair facing him, while Wilbur and Techno were on the other side of the table, behind Tommy.

You looked around the ravine, expecting to see a white smile mask, but were relieved when you didn't.

"Big day today." You said, sliding into the chair next to Wilbur. You planned on staying by his side until the festival was ended. Techno was admiring his reflection in a spoon.

Wilbur caught your gaze. "About that..." he began quietly. You pursed your lips. "I think you should stay here. It's too dangerous."

You gazed into his soft brown eyes. "Will, are you sure about this?"

"Yes. I don't want you getting hurt." He said, nearly whispering, studying your face.

"Not about me," You started. His sad eyes pulled on your heartstrings. "About the festival."

"I hope so." He said pulling you into a hug. Tommy and tubbo weren't paying attention, so they didn't bug you about the hug, but Techno shot you a look that you could only assume was a warning.

The group sat at the table until it was time to leave. You sat at the table, and watched as they gathered their things and left.

There was something about the way Wilbur glanced around the cavern, pausing at the top of the stairs to revel in his surroundings, that made you worry that he would actually go through with his plan.

A plan so stupid he was bound to get everyone killed.

The boys had left a while ago, and with nothing else to do, you paced the ravine, anxiety pulling in your chest. The walls were a familiar, cracked, and dingy color grey. While the cold stone was a sense of normality, it could offer only its condolences to soothe your nerves.

You paced around, thoughts of the past month or so sifting fondly through your mind. Whether it be Techno's soft smile while he gardened, Tubbo's laying in the flower field surrounded by flowers, Tommy's devious little pranks on anyone he thought gullible enough, or Wilbur's summery tunes he played on his guitar.

You paced back around the cave, Wilbur's songs echoing somberly through your mind. You didn't want to lose them. Despite how hard you had initially tried, you didn't want to leave. You had a new sense of security when you were around these people. These people were like a family, and you couldn't lose them now, especially after you had just found them.

You had to stop Wilbur from blowing up L'Manburg.

You had to stop him, and you had to do it fast.

You were running out of time.