✿Chapter.3✿~~☆

The evening's night air was beginning to cool as she got closer the L'manburg. Crickets could be heard chirping in the air while the sun was setting.

She made her way back to the familiar cobble path, her boots clunking as she walked.  The wind was slow and even, still chilling. Stars began to shine as the sun went down.

The paths were mostly empty as she strolled through, most were probably at home eating dinner. Lanterns began to flicker on as the skies grew dimmer. Fireflies beginning to light the paths as she walked by.

Soon down the path she could see the government building that Schlatt had been talking about. It was grand for sure, but not welcoming. On the steps of the building the girl could see the figure of someone sitting, their head in their hands.

Upon further inspection she recognized the pale yellow wings and beanie. The closer she got the louder the hushed sobs got. She could hear the frustrations slip out his mouth like a waterfall. The boy didn't hear her footsteps however, still too focused on himself.

She sat beside him quietly, looking up at the now more vibrant stars. She glanced at the boy, who still failed to realize someone was beside him. She placed a hand on his shoulder, unsure if he'd be comfortable with a hug. He tensed, "Hey.. what's wrong?" Upon hearing her voice he calmed, realizing it wasn't who he thought it was.

He sniffled, abruptly clinging onto the pinkette in a hug. Shocked, she hadn't processed in time that he was hugging her. She slowly wrapped her arms around him, making sure to be gentle around his wings. Looking at the broken man before her she couldn't help be feel saddened for him. What could've made him so distraught?

"You know, you don't have to tell me what's wrong if you don't feel comfortable..but I think it would be best to get things off your chest.." she said rubbing circles into his back. He let go a little as did Y/n. She took off her gloves and began wiping the tears from his face, and that's when she saw it.

A slap mark and busted lip, a painful looking one at that. Her eyes widened as she lifted his chin to look closer. "What the hell happened to you??" He looked away. "Quackity I can't help you unless you tell me who messed up your face" She squinted at him.

Reaching into her inventory she grabbed a cloth for him to put over his bleeding lip. A million thoughts raced through her head. How could someone get angry enough to clock a boy like Quackity?

It was silent for a bit, the girl sighed. "Listen if you don't want to talk about fine, I did say earlier that you wouldn't have to-" "It was Schlatt." He said interrupting her. It took a moment to process but once it had her eyebrows furrowed.

She had known there was something a little off with their engagement but she hadn't been able to pin it. I mean how could someone even think to do something like that to their fiancé? "How could you even stay with someone like that? Let alone marry him?"

"We almost got married once..he left me at the alter." He paused looking up at the now dark sky chuckling a little. "I was and idiot in love what can I say.. I didn't think he would be a monster of a man.." Looking over with saddened eyes that broke her heart, he continued  "I was naive, I thought if we had pooled our votes together I would be able to change this place for the better.. not make it worse.."

She was shocked, she couldn't bring the words to leave her mouth. She brushed away a few stray hairs from his forehead and wiped the last of the tears on his cheeks and gave him a side hug. Giving words of comfort, she assured him that she wouldn't let him get hurt while she was around.

"Listen it's getting cold out, why don't we go inside. I need to have a talk with Schlatt anyhow." She said as she draped her poncho over his shoulders. She was sure Techno wouldn't mind, she'll just bribe him with potato stew to make a new one.

"Right..your job offer..I'm sure you wouldn't want to work for someone like him huh?" He said with a doubtful look. "I actually am going to work with you guys, I did say I was going to keep you safe when I'm around right?" His gaze flickered over, a small shine of hope twinkled in his eyes.

She stood up, stretching a bit, holding out her hand for Quackity to take hold. She hoisted him up and fastened the poncho around him better. The two of them walked into the building only to be greeted with an irritated Schlatt storming around. He locked eyes with you two, "Quackity. I would like to have a word with you pumpkin. Alone."

He tensed next to you, looking anywhere but Schlatt. She watched as Quackity crossed his arms, glaring at nothing. The tall girl stepped in front of Quackity, staring dead into Schlatt.

"Actually wanted to have a talk with you, about the job offer." He faltered for a moment, upon remembering he smiled. "Of course doll, come with me to my office and we'll discuss business."

The ram horned man spun on his heel and began to stroll to his office. Quietly Y/n turned to Quackity, "Before I forget, here." She handed him a potion of regeneration.

It was hard to obtain but she wouldn't be needing it for herself anytime soon. He took the bottle from her hands, with a questioning look. "It's a potion tell help heal your lip." She said pointing to her own lips smiling.

"Now I gotta go, take care pretty boy" she smiled walking down the hall. He flushed pink at the nickname. Smiling down, he looked at the pink potion, reading the name tag wrapped around it. 'Regen :)' it read in neat hand writing. He would be looking forward to seeing her more often.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

"I accept your offer as being a bodyguard." She said sternly. They were now sitting in his office, it was clean cut for such a messy man. The walls painted an off-white with grey trim. The air in the office was dry and cold, almost like the man who sat in front of her. They each sat in velvet chairs, with a dark oak desk separating the two.

Schlatt grinned, the points of his teeth showing. "On one condition," she started causing his smile to falter a little. "I won't be living here in Manburg, I have my own home outside of the perimeter and prefer it to stay that way."

He cackles a little "Whatever you say doll face, do we have a deal?" He asked reaching out his hand across the desk. She glanced at his hand, looking back up to his dilated yellow eyes. "You've got one." She replied grabbing and shaking his hand.

Walking out the office she could see a light coming from another room. The door was opened and she saw the winged man looking in the mirror. She walked over, wanting to wish him a good night before leaving.

"I take it that the potion worked?" She asked lightly. Quackity whirled around looking at the girl with wide eyes. She grabbed his chin look at his once busted lip. His face heated up at the sudden contact. His lip was now mostly healed, the once broken area was now a mere scratch.

" I- uh wanted to thank you, for the potion, and for being so kind towards me-" she smiled ruffling his head a little while he spoke. "No need to thank me, I just try to help whoever I can, I came back to wish you a good night. I'll be sure to see you in the morning pretty boy."

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Ahhh sorry if this chapter got a little dark! I pinky promise the whole story won't be this way! :]
See y'all next update <3