✿Chapter.28✿

"You're going to have to kill, you're going to have to torture, you're going to have to mane."

Wilbur's words always circled his mind when he would visit Dream. For the last few months in creating his new nation, he had made sure to take time to visit his good ol' pal in the prison. Every. Single. Day.

He wanted that book, and Dream was just not giving it to him. He grew angrier and angrier, he hadn't felt like his usual bubbly self. Y/n had noticed and even questioned him of it.

She worried for him.

"PLEASE QUACKITY PLEASE STOP I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" Dream shrieked as he received another harsh kick to the stomach. Everyday, Alex had gotten more and more rough, he had Sam even help repair Dream after every visit, to ensure he stayed alive. It felt a little silly, but he needed his conquest to succeed.

"And what did I tell you asshole?! I'm not ever stopping until you give me that goddamn book!" Alex yelled in his face. "THERE ISNT A BOOK!" Dream finally yelled out as he used his arms to cover his face.

"What." Alex said as his eye twitched. "What did you just say?" "THERE IS NO BOOK PLEASE STOP HURTING ME I HAVE IT MEMORIZED THERE IS NO BOOK!!" Once confirming that he wasn't just mishearing things he dropped his axe and sheers. Walking over he grabbed the dirty blonde by the collar.

"And you've waited this long to tell me?! Wow you must really be a masochist!" Alex yelled with an amused annoyance. "I want you to revive someone for me. Just one person. Then, you're off the hook! How does that sound hm? No more missing fingernails, no more beatings, no more anything! I'll leave you alone to live out the rest of your life here in this hellish prison!" Alex offered before dropping Dream to the ground.

"Do we have a deal?" Alex asked while holding his hand out to the disheveled man.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Tommy and Y/n sat in frustration as Phil and Techno continued skimming through books of necromancy. It was lightly snowing outside, and they had just let in Ghostbur. Tommy sipped on some hot chocolate while Y/n tried to get as much information she could from Ghostbur.

"Please Ghostbur I need some sort of memory about the purgatories!" She pleaded. "I'm sorry I really am but everything is so...blurred. The only thing I vaguely remember is a station, and the faint sound of a train... it's dark there, with dim red lighting." Ghostbur explained once more.

The family was yet again, attempting to revive Wilbur. Sure they have tried in the past to revive him, but ever since Ghostbur appeared, they didn't think it was possible. That is, until they saw Wilbur after Doomsday.

Ever since then they have been obsessively trying to find a way to bring him back, to no avail. Fundy had even tried helping, he had set a whole shrine, just so he could maybe bring his father back. It had consisted of L'manburg history, a salmon for his departed wife, and friend. A sheep that had somehow found a deep connection with Ghostbur.

Fundy hadn't kept a close relationship to the rest of the family. He couldn't. Everytime he tried he was reminded that, he never had that childhood he wanted, and he lost his father because of it.

"Kids I don't think we'll be able to bring your brother back..." Phil said solemnly as he closed the final book. "None of these seem to have a solution that we haven't tried!" Techno added in frustration. "But...but this can't be it! Wil wouldn't want us to give up!" Tommy cried out. Y/n patted her brother's golden locks as Ghostbur shoved 'blue' into his hands, earning a small thank you from Tommy.

They all sat for a bit, Y/n soon getting up to clean the books out of the way. She would soon have to return some of these books to Karl. Tommy watched the snow outside, it danced around in the wind with grace. The window was newly cleaned and he could somewhat see the reflection of their table in the glass.

Looking at all the books Tommy soon realized something. How could they all be so forgetful?! "DREAM!" Tommy yelled. "What?? Where??" Techno sat up alarmed. "NO! I MEAN— DREAM HAS THE REVIVAL BOOK FROM SCHLATT! WE CAN USE IT TO BRING BACK WILBUR!" Tommy yelled. "Tommy mate, we're all here you don't have to shout." Phil said trying to calm the boy down. But how could he do so when he also felt that bubbling excitement from inside.

He would be able to see his son again.

In a hurry they all rushed out, telling Ghostbur to stay behind since the snow hadn't stopped falling. He obligated with a smile, wishing them luck.

"I can't wait to bring back Wil!" Y/n shouted to Tommy as their horses galloped into the remains of L'manburg. "I can't either! How are you feeling Tech?!" Tommy shouted. "Again, stop shouting you nerd I can hear you." "ANSWER. THE QUESTION!!" Tommy shouted again with a smile.

"I guess you can say I'm excited too." He rolled his eyes. Phil only smiled at his children being goofy on their way there. Soon passing Tommy's old home, and his big innit hotel that he had recently started with Jack manifold.

Soon they had reached the entrance to the prison, Tommy had begun to grow anxious upon seeing Dream again. Techno then decided on holding his younger brothers hand.

"Good luck kids, I'll wait out here and watch after our horses alright? Be safe...and I love you all!" Phil announced and he waved them off.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

"We have a deal Quackity." Dream said as he grabbed Alex's hand. Alex pulled him up before grabbing his axe again, making the light from the lava reflect off of it. "Pull anything funny and it'll be your leg that gets it." He spat.

"I get it... So who do you want me to bring back? Schlatt or—" "DONT SPEAK OF THAT NAME TO ME." Alex shouted. His voice echoed off of the small enclosed walls, making Dream flinch while muttering apologies over and over.

"I want you to bring back Wilbur Soot."

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Story's getting closer and closer to the end! I hope y'all enjoyed this week's chapter and I hope y'all have a wonderful night/day <3 (also might be doing another upload this week since I'm putting this one out so early)