✿Chapter.9✿~~☆

"It means gorgeous."

This was all that was running through Quackity's mind. Was he too blunt? Was that too forward? What the hell had come over him? He's still engaged.. He sat criss cross on his bed, pillow clenched to his chest. Today was a rainy day and he could hear the soft pitter patter of the raindrops on his window. His room was warm, but he felt warmer whenever he was with her.

It was like his whole body was filled to the brim with butterflies and sparks. Ever since they had met, she had been nothing but kind to him. It was like how he felt when he first met Schlatt. The only difference being she was magnetizing.

There was no denying, or going back now. He was absolutely head over heels, over the moon some may say. How could someone he had fairly met make him swoon so hard? Clenching the pillow harder he buried his head into the fluff.

He wore the sweater she had given him. It was soft, warm, and had a hint of strawberry to it. It's all he could ask for, it's one of the only comforts he has in this hell he called home. Before meeting Y/n the whole building felt cold, and shunning. Even if it was his home it always felt foreign, it has never truly felt like home.

But now, he's found that warmth, metaphorically and literally. He sat in empty thought once more, his chin laid upon the pillow as he gazed out his window. He had a feeling it would be a somewhat slow day. He wasn't even sure if Y/n would come into town in this weather.

Crash

Sighing he lifted his head up in case another sound abrupted. Schlatt must've dropped something again.. god how he hated the alcohol, it smelled and turned people to monsters, and absolute fools.

However, he was a hypocrite. Something he hated, turned out to be the one thing to make him forget. Long days slaving away at paperwork, constantly suggesting options and laws. It was tiring, his life felt tiring. This hadn't turned out to be what he had thought.

Sometimes, you can't be the people pleaser you want to be. Sometimes... You have to get what you want with a cold stare and charisma.

Crash

Annoyed, Quackity got up to look downstairs. Upon arriving downstairs he could see the kitchen's light on. Walking in, his eyes widened at the floor sparkling with broken glass. Spilled whiskey coated the floor in an almost golden tint.

It was fizzy.

Walking behind the counter he found the reason behind the mess. Schlatt was laid there fast asleep, bottle in hand. Quackity scrunched his nose at him, he fucking reeks.

"For someone who looks like a goat, you sure act like a dirty pig." He whispered.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Cleaning wasn't an issue for him, it was frequency at which he had to. He hissed just as he finished cleaning, the glass shards had pricked his ring finger. "Can my fucking hand catch a break?" He said as he held his finger.

"Who am I kidding, I never have breaks." He whispered as he slid down against the wall. What a mistake Schlatt was. Schlatt was like a parasite, a disease even. He always hovered over Quackity, always making him feel sick.

What a joke of a president he is.

Getting up he wiped his face, brushing his finger over where his lip had been broken. "I guess, being with you brought me one good thing... She's better than you." He said talking to an unconscious Schlatt.

His marriage felt utterly broken, it was almost comedic to him. He never pegged himself to be the type to actually let this happen. But bad things are bound to happen one way or another.

Walking to the fridge he pulled out a can of beer. Sure he was just complaining about this stuff, but In the moment he was feeling rather impulsive.

Forget the politics
Forget the stress
Forget all his problems
Forget Schlatt

Pulling the tab the can hissed with a pop. Quickly taking a chug he let the drink run down his throat. It was cold and fuzzy as the carbon dioxide went up his nose. He didn't exactly like the taste, but it was bearable. It wasn't anything overly disgusting, only something he wouldn't choose to drink if choice was given.

Soon enough one can turned into two, three, four, five... he lost count. He wanted this all wiped from his conscious.

Quackity wished he knew what he had gotten into. One day it was all things like "sugar pumpkin" "I got you flowers" "Will you marry me?" It soon turned to degrading, leaving messes, and eventually being left at the alter.

Schlatt has made a mockery of him, and he wanted that gone.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

A bit of a shorter chapter for this week! I wanted it to be solely focused on Quackity's relationship with Schlatt. Longer chapter will be out next week, and thank u to those who vote and comment on my chapters, I absolutely adore it! Again hope y'all enjoyed have a nice day<3