✿Chapter.8✿

Stressed was the best way to put how y/n was feeling. So far the festival will be coming in ever so slightly, as Tubbo begins to decorate Manburg with lanterns and ribbons.

This festival would be the time to strike, Schlatt would be out in the open, and the surrounding area gave leverage for escape. Considering they didn't have many people on their side. They recruited Tubbo, and even the girl from the bakery, Nikki. She was a sweetheart and Y/n was delighted to finally meet her more formally.

As of now Y/n was patrolling around, bored out of her mind. It was nearing lunch and Quackity had said he'd find her to go on a picnic. She had been debating lately on whether to tell Quackity about Pogtopia. They had grown close and she had been fairly certain he'd help support her. However that small sliver of uncertainty always hindered in the back of her mind.

Lost in thought she hadn't realized where she was even going. Bumping into someone she snapped out of it, quickly apologizing. In front of her stood a fairly built man. He was slightly taller, and had brunette hair. He wore a uniform that made him look like a knight of some sort, maybe a cop.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I wasn't really paying attention or-" she explained. "I wasn't really looking either, it's not your fault!" He said smiling. After saying that there was an awkward pause, "..alriiighhtt, well I'm going to go now..sorry again" she said slowly backing away.

When turning to leave however he grabbed her hand. " Wait–Sorry, but um you're really cute.. is there any way I can see you again?" He said with a hopeful look inside. She only looked back in shock, was this some type of joke or was he being serious??

" No, there isn't." Came a voice. Both turned, Y/n sighed as she watched Quackity walk over. "Q where have you been?" "That's my fault, Schlatt kept me back because of paperwork, I brought lunch though!" He said smiling. "I'm sorry lunch?! With the vice president???" "Well what'd you expect when you decided to call my bodyguard cute?" Quackity said staring up.

Before saying anything in return Y/n watched as the man backed away slowly. A little rushed he walked into a crowd away from the two. What the actual fuck just happened?

For the second time in the span of a few minutes her hand is grabbed, but this time it's in Quackity's. "Come on pretty boy, let's have our lunch." She said pulling him down the road. "Sooo what'd you mean by "your bodyguard" hm?" "I- ..don't get it twisted I just- I didn't want him bothering you!" Quackity said quickly.

"Whatever you say pretty boy." She said playfully rolling her eyes." Why must you keep calling me that." He said stumbling over his words. "Do you want me to stop?" She said with a quizzical look. "NO–I mean.. um I'm fine with it.. but don't you think it's unfair that you get to call me all these names but I haven't called you anything?" He said rambling a bit.

Laughing a bit she spoke, "You can call me anything...as long as it's not weird." Smiling over at him he nodded. "Anything in mind since you seemed soooo eager?" "Not yet, let's have lunch first!" He said tightening the grip in their hands as he sped up.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

The field they sat in wasn't too far from L'manburg. In front of them lay a small lake, cattails shuffled gently in the wind. Behind them was a big tall oak tree, providing them with shade. Around them in patches were an array of wild flowers. Each coming in soft colours like purple, yellow, and pink.

Once in a while a small duckling would come up them wanting a small piece of fruit. They were adorable, and reminded her of a certain winged boy. "Sooo Quackity, your wings" "What about them?" He said curiously. "Can you fly?" She asked excitedly. "I mean not too long of a distance like others, but sure I can fly." He said giggling.

"Can you take me flying one day?????" She said with a shimmer in her eye. "Hmm maybe one day!" He said matching her excitement. "I'll make it a surprise just for you!"

"You know...speaking of surprises, I have one for you! Close your eyes pretty boy!" She announced. Hesitantly he closed his eyes, "This better not be anything weird!" He said. "It's not!" She responded while reaching into her inventory.

"Alright open your eyes!" As he opened his eyes he saw in front of him a royal blue zip up jacket. On the sleeves were white stripes and on the collor was the same small symbol sewn on her poncho. It was a small smiley face,

:]

It was silent as he looked at it in shock, it was honestly amazing. It even had holes on the back to fit his wings. "Do you like it?" "..I-..I love it.." he said before tackling her into a hug. "Thank you so much.." "Anything for you big man." She said softly.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Hours passed as the two continued to sit by the lake. They opted to just stay out and relax, considering Schlatt wouldn't realize they were gone anyhow. The sun had just set and now they sat looking at the stars glimmer.

Y/n sat leaning against the tree, while Quackity had his head in her lap. The two were gently talking while occasionally pointing to a bright star they'd find. Eventually the two were met with comfortable silence as they laid there.

In theory it would be perfect to tell Quackity about Pogtopia. She did also realize it could ruin the moment. They were finally away from all the politics, as well as rivalling sides. Fuck it what could go wrong..

"Hey Quackity, I need to tell you something.." "hm?" Before even finishing her sentence she made eye contact with the boy before her. They were both content, and happy. She couldn't possibly ruin it right now... "Um I need to tell you.. um that you're pretty." "Gee it's not like you say that everyday." He said smiling.

"You know I think I might I have a nickname for you." Quackity said softly. "And what might that be?" "Hermosa" he said looking up at her. "What does that mean?" She asked confused.

"It means gorgeous."

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Anddd scene. That's all for today! I do apologize again for this coming out so late and I'll make sure to keep up with the schedule from now on. That being said I'll be moving the time to 3:30 pm est on Fridays since school starts next week for me. Much love have a nice night<3